Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Number of components, tokens etc rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm just checking through the components list, and it seems I have a few extra pieces & wanted to clarify if others are the same & what I should have please?

I have 24 character cards although 8 are only listed in the book. However, I assume that is the same for everyone as this will be Fantasy Flight whetting your appetite, encouraging you to buy the expansions when they are released to get the associated minis?

I have 28 miniatures (although the correct number of bases:24):-
2 Star Spawns
1 Child of Dagon
2 Ghosts
4 Deep One Hybrid
1 Priest of Dagon
6 Riot figs
6 Cultists
4 Deep One Figs
2 Hunting Horrors

I have a total of 26 Person tokens (book lists 22), consisting of 17 characters & 9 silhouette types with the differing coloured surround.

Many thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you adding the component listing from the conversion kit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
I'm just checking through the components list, and it seems I have a few extra pieces & wanted to clarify if others are the same & what I should have please?

I have 24 character cards although 8 are only listed in the book. However, I assume that is the same for everyone as this will be Fantasy Flight whetting your appetite, encouraging you to buy the expansions when they are released to get the associated minis?

I have 28 miniatures (although the correct number of bases:24):-
2 Star Spawns
1 Child of Dagon
2 Ghosts
4 Deep One Hybrid
1 Priest of Dagon
6 Riot figs
6 Cultists
4 Deep One Figs
2 Hunting Horrors

I have a total of 26 Person tokens (book lists 22), consisting of 17 characters & 9 silhouette types with the differing coloured surround.

Many thanks in advance.

I kind of had the same question so here's what I think I've figured out:
The riot monster uses three figures for each of the two three holed bases. The person tokens are double-sided which makes it more confusing but whatever. The other investigators are part of the conversion kit for players who'd like to use their MoM first edition game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Duke
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
16 of the Investigators are in the 1st Edition Conversion Kit, so they're only useful if you have the first edition components or buy the two 2nd edition expansions that provide the equivalent components. Similarly, 4 of the Person tokens are from the Conversion Kit.

As to your figures, each Riot consist of 3 figures, so you're counting 4 too many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh gosh darn it (as Rahdo would say)! Yes you are all right, what an idiot I am. Thanks for pointing out my mistakes.

Anyone know which 4 of the person tokens I've mixed in that I shouldn't have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Anyone know which 4 of the person tokens I've mixed in that I shouldn't have?

They should be labelled with a symbol to identify which expansion they relate to (a crescent moon in this case I believe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Arrgh, that's great, thanks Pudsy.

All present & accounted for, ready for my first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun! I played 3 solo so far and loved each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Only just finished the first game: a loss, but what a blast. I think we went quite deep into the scenario, but hopefully we'll get a second play tomorrow; can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.