Subject: Expansion or different game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game and thought about getting this, but I'm a bit skeptical after looking at picture.

I gather it's not actually an expansion, but rather an option for the game, is that correct? So instead of playing with ALL cards, this would be played either with expansion cards OR base game cards?

Is it actually worth getting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
raevynn wrote:
I have the base game and thought about getting this, but I'm a bit skeptical after looking at picture.

I gather it's not actually an expansion, but rather an option for the game, is that correct? So instead of playing with ALL cards, this would be played either with expansion cards OR base game cards?

Is it actually worth getting?

It's akin to a different map in a map-based game.

The extra layer of Activation abilities adds depth for those who want a little more out of the base game mechanisms

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a whole set of new cards. And new abilities. It is played without the base game cards. The tech tree is harder to follow (since it's fictional), but I think it's a vastly superior game to the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adastra
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your feedback! It certainly sounds interesting, so I will probably get it after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Bennett-Daggett
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
It's a whole set of new cards. And new abilities. It is played without the base game cards. The tech tree is harder to follow (since it's fictional), but I think it's a vastly superior game to the base set.

Yes, this is my experience too. I like both (I have 23 plays with the original game, and 17 with the expansion) but since I received the expansion we've only played the original once, with people new to the game. The base game is a little simpler (real-life technologies plus one less option on your turn), but on the whole I feel the expansion is a refined and superior version of the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.