Subject: Is Pearls Before Swine spamming people now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an interesting email that been sent around:

I wonder how many people they got to click on their link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All it takes is one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice they are is nice company letting to know about start refund! Do would businness you with again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interestingly, the bad grammar in many cases is intentional. It weeds out all but the most gullible targets.

There's a reason Nigerian scammers are so obvious in their emails
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Erik17 wrote:
Interestingly, the bad grammar in many cases is intentional. It weeds out all but the most gullible targets.

Holy crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Erik17 wrote:

Holy crap.

Stay in school, kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sklar
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Nice try scammers! Everyone knows that Bell will never willingly offer refunds!

Tangentially-related Bell horror story:
The utility room in my condo is an absolute mess. A small amount of the telephone wires in there aren’t labelled, and the ones that are are somewhat tangled and all around messy. About a year ago, a technician from Bell came to my building to connect someone who had just moved in or something. Whatever he was there for, the technician got mixed up and crossed my line with someone else in the building. I don’t know how long it was before I had noticed, but my mom called my cell phone one night to ask why an “angry foreign-sounding guy” answered my phone.

I called Bell to tell them that the lines had been crossed and that they needed to send a technician over ASAP, since the phone line also doubles as the door buzzer in my building, so I couldn’t answer my door. I don’t remember exactly how many, but I must have spoken to at least four or five different people before they agreed to send a technician, because (in their words) it was “impossible to cross lines like that”. They even insisted that I was wrong after they tested by calling my land line while I was on the phone with them.

When the technician finally did come over to fix the problem, he also didn’t believe that it was possible. He was also pretty upset that I left him waiting outside for about half an hour, since he was trying to use the buzzer system whoever was receiving my phone calls was either not home or ignoring them. The technician called my cell phone to ask why I wasn’t answering to buzz him in, to which I responded “Do you mean the intercom system that is connected through the phone lines? Maybe because it’s ringing in somebody else’s home? Do you believe me now that the lines are crossed?” After running a few tests, because it wasn’t obvious enough yet that the lines were crossed, he went down to the utility room for a few minutes, swapped some wires, and everything was good.

Fast forward two weeks to when my bill came in that covered that period. That “angry foreign-sounding guy” must have realized what was going on just as quickly as I did and, being foreign and all, decided that this would be a perfect time to make a two-hour long-distance call to Russia! A very expensive call too, there was close to $100 of long distance charges on my bill! I immediately called Bell’s billing department to fix this. I figured it would be a quick fix, since they had the technician’s service visit documented and all that.

Unfortunately, I figured wrong. Again somebody from Bell tried to assure me that it was impossible to cross lines, this time adding that I must have just forgotten that I made those calls. The billing agent then asked me if I was sure that I didn’t have any family in Russia! I think I know my family better than you do, Bell! I was trying to keep my cool on the phone, but I got pretty insulted and upset at that point. I had the agent transfer me to a supervisor, who apparently was able to confirm that a technician did come otm y place to fix a problem, but couldn’t really confirm what it was. After being on the phone with billing for maybe half an hour, they finally agreed to give me a “one-time” credit, but still didn’t sound all too convinced that I deserved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.