Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I am considering putting my board game collection on a site like Craig's List and was wondering what I should ask for the lot of them. The games in the collection are:

Animal Upon Animal
Arimaa
Carnac
Dvonn
High Tail It!
Jarl (box has corner damage and the reference sheet has corner damage)
Kamisado
Loka (with an extra set of pieces for each color)
Octi (first edition, box has obvious wear)
Punct
Shear Panic
Shogi (Kumon learning wooden folding set)
Dubutsu Shogi in the Greenwood (box has a nick in it)
Tzaar

Most of the games are unplayed. Any known damage to the boxes or components is listed.

I am not looking to sell individual games and I am only interested in selling them locally so I don't have to box them up and ship them.

I was thinking $200. Is that too high or too low?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler BIshop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much too high IMO. What you're asking is very close to what someone could have already purchased all of those games for individually, if they wanted. And the odds of any one person, in your area, currently wanting all of those games is extremely low.

Essentially, the larger the lot, and the smaller the audience for it, the more of the lot you need to "give away" to make the whole deal enticing. I'd guess you'll have more luck at least splitting that into two, but even then I'm in doubt on a $300 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
That should have been $200. I fixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's still too high. I think you'd be looking at something like $100, and open to offers.

You could hold a geeklist auction here, and make it local pickup only. And/or, if you want to make lots, make smaller lots of 2-3 similar games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, though you want to avoid the shipping costs, you'll likely get more for them individually or in small lots. If you have semi-rare games, ebay valuations are a whole lot higher than the boardgamegeek marketplace. In general, Craigslist and other similar sites are more looking for cheap deals than paying full value for an item. Good luck with your sale, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I had to drop some stuff off at a charity so I just threw the games in the trunk and donated them with the rest of the stuff. The stuff will be distributed to families in need, hopefully the games wind up with a family who can give them more love than I was able to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Classy thing to do!

Please get yourself a microbadge on me to celebrate your kindness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.