Luc
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title says it all. I'm making a resource to help players set up for various configurations of expansions and I realised I don't know which is it for Base + AH only. Looking for a response from Ian or Nic ideally.

EDIT: And does this change with Constructed Deck rules? So 4 permutations for clarification:
QG + AM + AH (no deck construction)
QG + AM + AH (with deck construction)
QG + AH (no deck construction)
QG + AH (with deck construction)

Cheers,
Luc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Anastasia
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rules check: with Alternate Histories but no Air Marshall, is it a draw 10 discard 3 setup or draw 12 discard 5 setup?
It's gotta be draw 10 discard 3. Logic: Imagine you didn't own Air Marshal at all. In that case you also wouldn't own a rule book that mentions drawing 12 and discarding 5.

EDIT: Also, what's up lately with folks requesting that rulings come straight from the horse's (err, game designer's) mouth? Have we gotten so spoiled by designer contact on BGG that well reasoned readings of the published materials are worth nothing? (grumble, grumble, back in my day, etc)

EDIT again: the full table as I see it. Abbreviating AHC for Alternate Histories Constructed, and adding the other rule that does vary (are you encouraged to discard cards by a point penalty)

QG + AM + AH Draw 12, Discard 5, Penalties
QG + AM + AHC Draw 12, Discard 5, No Penalties
QG + AH Draw 10, Discard 3, Penalties
QG + AHC Draw 10, Discard 3, No Penalties
QG + AM Draw 12, Discard 5, No Penalties
QG Draw 10, Discard 3, No Penalties
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
MyNameIsFourteen wrote:
...(grumble, grumble, back in my day, etc)

Mike, I'd like to send you a invitation to my club... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Anastasia
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I only qualify in spirit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does indeed appear to be 10/3 in the PBF game with no AM, which is good enough for me.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.