Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Planetary Bombardment card says:
Quote:
When Invading a System, you may First Strike. If you do, all your First Strike Hits automatically destroy Nodes, regardless of how many Hits you score.

When using this card, if I roll more first strike hits than there are nodes on the planet (normally a 'successful invasion' outcome), what happens? Due to the card effect, the existing control node has been destroyed and the planet has been wiped bare. Do I still get to place my control node on the planet?

Because of a GF9 ruling of a similar upcoming Cardassian card in another thread, I'm assuming the official answer to my question in this thread will be: "No, you do not get to place your control node, even though you rolled more hits."

I just want to make sure I'm interpreting this correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you do not get to place your control node since you destroyed all the structures on the planet.

I would use this advancement when I an invading a planet and I don't think I can hold it. Better to devastate it so if a rival takes it back there is nothing left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you reached your limit of control nodes, it would certainly be a viable option
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also interpret this advancement as replacing the normal invasion results, so you cannot successfully invade the planet when using this advancement. You'll either destroy everything, which will end the invasion, or else you will need to actually roll on a subsequent round of invasion combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No. If, in the course of an Invasion, all the Nodes on a System are destroyed, it counts as a “Total Annihilation” and the System must be Colonized on a future turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.