Firefly: The Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Stealing from the best rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Maine
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I want to thank all of my fellow 'Browncoats' who are keeping the 'Verse a more interesting place. I hope to add to this forum with a couple of my own thoughts on adding flavor to this game.
I wanted to bring some flux to the payoffs offered by solid contacts for contraband since a big part of the show was the uncertainty of this life. So I introduced a NPC smuggler's ship which is moved from one contact to another. The presence of this ship decreases the payout for each contraband by 200 credits. After all you would not expect a clever business man like Badger to pay full price if he is 'swimming in' stolen goods at the moment. The frequency of the moves made by this NPC can either be a function of each players turn (the last thing a player does before passing the dinosaur is moving the NPC if desired) or triggered by an encounter while burning through the black.
Another complication I envisioned as a part of any robbery job that is botched is the fact that the contact's share of the take is considered to be owed by the contracting captain once the job is attempted. As Mr. Niska would say, "Captain Reynolds, I handed you a doable task and I expect to receive what is owed." I believe in Serenity 40% was mentioned as the contact's share but I don't consider the twins as tough business men compared to Patience or Mr. Niska.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although it's not an exact fit for what you're talking about with selling to contracts, I introduced the idea of an NPC "rival" captain who tries to steal jobs from you from time to time:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1259698/now-something-t...

Maybe something in it will spark off the ideas you're working on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Maine
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I suppose you could also create duplicates of one contact's robbery jobs for other contacts. If one captain has picked up a robbery job from Fanty & Mingo, an identical robbery could be made available to any captain who is solid with Badger or Patience or Niska without an actual face to face visit. The honor of business men with ties to the locale and all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.