Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hero's vs sidekicks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Manzo
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools

If a game card played or gained from attack states discard or KO a hero are sidekicks considered Hero's to use for this action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
Yes. They have the word Hero underneath the card title Sidekick, so it is indeed considered a hero that you can KO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
Effectively all cards in your deck are either heroes or wounds (or bindings).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly the sidekicks in CIvil War have the type: "Special Sidekick" instead of "Hero" therefore they do not interact with cards that care about heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most Hero cards in the game do not specifically have the term 'Hero' written on them. Since the Pet Avengers Special Sidekicks have the exact same layout as any other Hero card I think it is fairly clear they are intended to count as Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Most Hero cards in the game do not specifically have the term 'Hero' written on them. Since the Pet Avengers Special Sidekicks have the exact same layout as any other Hero card I think it is fairly clear they are intended to count as Heroes.

I agree. While they do differ from the main Sidekicks, by not having "Hero" on them, having "Hero" on the card is not the only way to tell if the card is a Hero or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
I'm no expect on Legendary so I'm sure someone will be able to correct me if I'm wrong but going by the base game rulebook, there doesn't seems to be a clear definition of "Hero".

All I noticed was...

Page 11
"The only types of cards that can be in your hand are Heroes and Wounds."

Clearly there are exceptions to this but the expansion rules or cards (such as Schemes) will state the exceptions.

Since Sidekicks and Special Sidekick can go into your hand, that would suggest they are Heroes.

EDIT: I also note that the SW1 rulesheet doesn't make any special mention of Sidekicks with regard to them being Heroes. I assume it's the same with the CW rulesheet. It just seems to be assumed that they are Heroes as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
I'm no expect on Legendary so I'm sure someone will be able to correct me if I'm wrong but going by the base game rulebook, there doesn't seems to be a clear definition of "Hero".

All I noticed was...

Page 11

Clearly there are exceptions to this but the expansion rules or cards (such as Schemes) will state the exceptions.

Since Sidekicks and Special Sidekick can go into your hand, that would suggest they are Heroes.

...and with that, I think that any villain that may wind up in your hand, or Bystander, would be considered a Hero, but only in that instance..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
xris wrote:

All I noticed was...

Page 11

...and with that, I think that any villain that may wind up in your hand, or Bystander, would be considered a Hero, but only in that instance..?

Villain gaining effects are usually worded 'Gain this as a Hero' or similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
jnowak415 wrote:
xris wrote:
Clearly there are exceptions to this but the expansion rules or cards (such as Schemes) will state the exceptions

I don't know for every single exception where other types of cards end up in your deck but typically these situations are covered by the rules that introduce such cards into your deck or hand.

For example, from SW1
Quote:
Villains You Gain as Heroes
The Ultimates and Thor Corps start as
Villains, but when you fight them, they
become Hero cards and join you.

Such cards become Heroes so they should be considered Heroes while they remain in your hand / deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Pet Avengers cards definitely count as Hero card for effects that mention Hero cards. It would be very odd if they were the only card that you could recruit that doesn't count as a Hero card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This also comes up with the Old Man Logan card that gives you +2 fight if you don't recruit a hero this turn.

We assumed that this also meant sidekicks, but there isn't anything on them that specifically calls them heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
This also comes up with the Old Man Logan card that gives you +2 fight if you don't recruit a hero this turn.

We assumed that this also meant sidekicks, but there isn't anything on them that specifically calls them heroes

It literally says Hero directly on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
hist wrote:

It literally says Hero directly on the card.

Good lord. How blind can I be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.