Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding switching weapons while prone, it is not listed as an available action ( P.11 top left), yet while grappling with a zombie you can switch weapons? (P.10 bottom right) this seems to me a little strange and its the only rule which I can't get on with. Any thoughts ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
rhox wrote:
I have a question regarding switching weapons while prone, it is not listed as an available action ( P.11 top left), yet while grappling with a zombie you can switch weapons? (P.10 bottom right) this seems to me a little strange and its the only rule which I can't get on with. Any thoughts ?

Grappling means your fighting for your life and have weapons placed where you can get at them.

Knocked prone , you are off balance , in awkward position, maybe shaken and your hands / weapons could be trapped under your body. If your prone your first redaction is to get up.

I know what your saying but why then can I go on Alert ( Overwatch),use both Aimed and Quick Fire, also I may choose to be prone by the Dive action, there might not even be any Zombies anywhere near me I have all the time in the world and I can't swap for my big Shoota!.....still can't buy it sorry.

Thanks for your reply though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
rhox wrote:

Grappling means your fighting for your life and have weapons placed where you can get at them.

Knocked prone , you are off balance , in awkward position, maybe shaken and your hands / weapons could be trapped under your body. If your prone your first redaction is to get up.

That is not the impression I get reading the rule book. 'Locked in grapple' seems to mean exactly that. I've been in a grapple or two in my life (albeit against living opponents) and switching a weapon would seem to be hard to do. But the rules allow it, no big deal.

Prone does not necessarily mean 'knocked prone'. You can willingly dive to prone. Prone allows you to aim fire. It allows you to crawl. Neither of those activities indicate 'awkward position' or 'shaken' and neither can be done if your hands are trapped under your body. Now, I've fired several different weapons from a prone position, totaling several thousands of rounds of various calibers. I'm pretty confident that if I can aim fire or crawl (and trust me, I've done both) I can also switch weapons. But the rules don't seem to allow it. No big deal, I guess you need to make sure the weapon you want is in hand before diving down prone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell, I've done individual movement assault courses where we crawled an absolute crap ton with our weapons. High and low crawl. And yeah, I've paused to reload and/or switch as well.

Again, if you can aim fire and crawl, your hands are sure as shit NOT stuck underneath you nor are you in an awkward position as you initially claimed.

That really is not open for dispute to anyone who has done either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hey guys, sorry, it's an error in the book. We had a lot of people proof read the book but it looks like this one slipped through. You can change weapon when you are prone just as you can while you are in a grapple.

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dicesports wrote:
Hey guys, sorry, it's an error in the book. We had a lot of people proof read the book but it looks like this one slipped through. You can change weapon when you are prone just as you can while you are in a grapple.

Rob

Thanks. That does make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dicesports wrote:

Rob

It was the only rule that didn't feel quite right to me, I was going to house rule it but now I don't have to, thank you Rob for clarifying.
Fantastic game with a real feel to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.