Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Right then folks!

I've played MoM 1E once or twice, and am seriously considering picking up the 2E as the ability to easily solo play is a big temptation (my group will play it, but I also have a lot of nights when my young son is in bed and I'm by myself - so always on the lookout for good solo experiences).

So I can pick up MoM2E and the app and away I go, lovely. My slight confusion comes from the Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares tile and figure sets.

Do you require 1E to play with these? Or is the point that they are condensed versions of 1E expansions, and I could just pick these up on release and add them to my 2E game.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Supressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares are expansions for 2nd edition that contain all of the tiles and figures from the first edition core game and expansions. These are intended for people who do not already own 1st edition. If you already have the tiles and figures from first edition, then just integrate those into the 2nd edition using the conversion kit and you are good to go without the new expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Right then folks!

I've played MoM 1E once or twice, and am seriously considering picking up the 2E as the ability to easily solo play is a big temptation (my group will play it, but I also have a lot of nights when my young son is in bed and I'm by myself - so always on the lookout for good solo experiences).

So I can pick up MoM2E and the app and away I go, lovely. My slight confusion comes from the Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares tile and figure sets.

Do you require 1E to play with these? Or is the point that they are condensed versions of 1E expansions, and I could just pick these up on release and add them to my 2E game.

Thanks!

Those two expansions provide all the 1E monsters, investigators, and tiles for use with 2E.

EDIT: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
PeterM2158 wrote:
Right then folks!

Thanks!

If you have 1E, you don't need to buy either of these expansions.

They contain all of the components in 1E that can be used to supplement 2E (tiles, investigators, monster miniatures).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goldman
United States
Freeville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand it correctly, those two 2nd Edition expansions represent the miniatures and tiles from the 1st Edition main game ("Recurring Nightmares"), as well as miniatures and tiles from two of the expansions to it (so, 1st Edition "Forbidden Alchemy" and "Call of the Wild" become 2nd Edition "Suppressed Memories").

I have only the 1st Edition (no expansions) and so I feel that I don't need to purchase "Recurring Nightmares."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Or is the point that they are condensed versions of 1E expansions, and I could just pick these up on release and add them to my 2E game.

Just this, they will contain the figures(monsters and investigators) and tiles from the 1E version Base game (Recurring Nightmares) and the two major expansions (Supressed Memories). You will need to combine these with the conversion kit from the MoM2E base game to give you the same content and possibilities that people who currently own both 2nd and 1st edition components possess, although you will not own all the other cards, tokens etc. needed to play the 1st. edition scenarios in the 1st edition style (with a games master rather than the app).

FFG will also release two further scenarios for the app, which will be available to all. I am not clear personally whether or not the new scenarios will be playable if you have only the 2nd edition base game without either the components from the 1st edition or the new expansions, however, I would hope that they would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, I have nothing so that makes life easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keitharchaeologist wrote:
I am not clear personally whether or not the new scenarios will be playable if you have only the 2nd edition base game without either the components from the 1st edition or the new expansions, however, I would hope that they would be.

I am almost certain that each of the new scenarios is paired with one of the expansions and will require the figures and tiles from it to play. If you read the FFG page on the expansions this seems to be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed

The upcoming tile/figure boxes contain everything from the original game boxes that is usable in second edition (it doesn't come with the cards and generic tokens from first edition though). You don't need the new boxes if you already have the corresponding first edition product(s)

Whether you have first edition stuff or the upcoming tile/figure packs, you can enable the content in the app and the existing four scenarios will allow use of investigators, monsters, and tiles from those.

One upcoming scenario will require the content from first edition core (or the corresponding tile/figure pack)

One upcoming scenario will require the content from Call of the Wild (or corresponding pack)

Most likely the upcoming scenarios will allow extra investigators and monsters from other packs, but they will only require the one pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.