Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
killed two survivors in the last game we played. Almost killed the other two. Rolling heads for body allocation was so real.

I would laugh so hard if anyone actually lost the tutorial battle and got wiped out. I can't imagine the feeling. I was shocked that the tutorial lion was so brutal.

And that's just the first boss. Then we got to Spidicules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Charbonneau
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure many, many campaigns have ended with the prologue lion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actuarially wrote:

Yeah. I named my character after me.

Not a good idea. Wouldn't recommend.

"Yeah. I think I'm going to name my first survivor after me. That's me in the game! How cool is that?! This sounds like an excellent idea!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to remember if I've wiped on the prologue lion. I've definitely wiped on the first one after that!

"Well, we definitely know what we're doing now. We should save these resources because we'll need them for better stuff. I'm sure we'll be fine with two sharp rocks and our teeth."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
I'm trying to remember if I've wiped on the prologue lion. I've definitely wiped on the first one after that!

"Well, we definitely know what we're doing now. We should save these resources because we'll need them for better stuff. I'm sure we'll be fine with two sharp rocks and our teeth."

Never underestimate the brutality of human fist and teeth. I had a F&T survivor rip the prologue lion's balls off. Pretty great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Perry
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
TWIST Gaming
mbmbmbmb
We had 3 people die during the last intro lion we fought for the new campaign last week. Then we rolled 2, 1's on the intimacy table and lost another 4 survivors. Great start to the stream !_!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
pookin wrote:
We had 3 people die during the last intro lion we fought for the new campaign last week. Then we rolled 2, 1's on the intimacy table and lost another 4 survivors. Great start to the stream !_!

That's the best way to start.

I want to do tryhard mode (no house rules and going in blind). Sink or swim. So I may have to make a group or something, but regardless, it was still fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
Actuarially wrote:

I'm not sure ended is the right word, since they would have barely started laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pookin wrote:

At least you got your death principle early?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
pookin wrote:

That's the best way to start.

I want to do tryhard mode (no house rules and going in blind). Sink or swim. So I may have to make a group or something, but regardless, it was still fun.

This is the only way I play Kingdom Death. Strict rules as written and no peeking ahead of time at things! Gear is legit but nothing monster related.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time i ran the game at a convention, started up a new campaign and had 3 people sit down that had never seen the game before. We TPKed in the prologue fight. And we all jad a blast and laughed our asses off at the brutality of it all. Then we started another new campaign. That one was successful. Ran it through the rest of the convention and got thru LY6. Have all the sheets stored off for the next con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Very first time I ever played, we wiped on tutorial lion. One guy crit the Fuzzy Groin on his first attack, and another guy got decapitated on a reaction to his first attack. Needless to say it was pretty downhill from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got a few rules wrong, which made the tutorial lion really, REALLY hard.

After a bit, we started skipping the First Story all together.

Then, after a series of battles went poorly for us (Manhunter, Sunstalker) wiped out two of our settlements, we decided to try out the initial lion again... And we got brutalized!

We didn't actually lose... technically. I mean, we had a couple maimed survivors left to limp off and found a settlement on their remaining legs.

The game is definitely hard, and the first story sets it up well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.