Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In an Adventure such as "Pillage Time", there are ships representing fixed features, such as the Governor's Mansion on the U-shaped island. Another example would be the port dice in "Attack the Port"

In these cases, where there are the ships representing fixed things, what order should the adventure be prepared in? I was assuming:

Briefing Phase
Give briefing
Put out ocean tiles
Roll fixed ships and put them in place
Players decide how many ships to commit

Ship Drop Phase
Drop any mobile NP ships with all player ships.

Is this the correct order for how these actions should be carried out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:

Any time you have fixed ships or features (such as islands), those are placed as shown in the diagram. Then the ship drop happens, which may move the fixed ships around. In any case the fixed ships are never rolled, but are simply placed.

Edit: And IIRC the diagram or the text will indicate which side should be face-up on the fixed ships as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CavemanLogic wrote:
malibu_babe_28 wrote:

Any time you have fixed ships or features (such as islands), those are placed as shown in the diagram. Then the ship drop happens, which may move the fixed ships around. In any case the fixed ships are never rolled, but are simply placed.

Edit: And IIRC the diagram or the text will indicate which side should be face-up on the fixed ships as well.

Where does it say that in the rules? In the 'Before you start' section of the rules it says: Some Adventure cards show a picture of the Sea Box with various tiles and dice in them. These should be set up before beginning the Adventure.

The in GamePlay (page 10) it says: Many Adventures show a picture of the Sea box with NP Ships inside. Before the normal Ship Drop, the Baron should first drop only those dice into the Sea Box and then arrange them without changing their results. Then, the normal Ship Drop is performed including any NP Ships that are not shown inside the Sea Box.

So your statement: In any case the fixed ships are never rolled, but are simply placed. appears to be incorrect.

So what I wanted to know what whether the decision on how many player ships to commit was made before or after the Ships that start in the sea box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
So your statement: In any case the fixed ships are never rolled, but are simply placed. appears to be incorrect.

So what I wanted to know what whether the decision on how many player ships to commit was made before or after the Ships that start in the sea box.

There I go, running off my obviously defective memory again. You are, of course, right. In the instance where NP Ships are arranged before the regular ship drop, yes, you drop them first and arrange them as shown on the card.

As far as when you commit ships to the adventure, after a re-read of the rules to make sure I have it right this time, committing ships happens in Quest Stage 1: Briefing. The Ship Drop, including any preliminary NP Ship Drop, occurs during Quest Stage 2: Ship Drop. So after the NP Ships have been dropped and arranged, it is too late to add more (or remove any) player ships to (from) the Ship Drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.