neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Sorting through the components, very excited to try this game in the next few days. )

A couple minor things.

The box on page 2 of the rulebook lists 52 Cave Tiles:
- 15 Ambush Tiles
- 15 Event Tiles
- 9 Crystal Tiles
- 6 Treasure Room Tiles
- 6 Vault Tiles
- 1 Entrance Tile.

However, on page 3, under "components", the Cavern is listed as having 45 Cave Tiles.

I imagine this must be from not counting the Entrance Tile and the Vault Tiles, which are not used if there is no Thief. But it is confusing.

Also, a minor thing which I think might be improved in the coming second printing: The separate summary sheets for each role are very flimsy, so I have laminated them. However, since they fit snugly in the box before being laminated, they are now too big. surprise

In the second edition, if budget permits, I'd make them a bit thicker; alternatively, I would make those sheets smaller, so that they will fit in the box after being laminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mb
Lamination methods may vary, but if you can trim the edges as close as possible to the original width of the sheets they'll fit in the box without any problems. They won't have "watertight" sealed edges, but will retain all of the extra durability that comes from being laminated. That was one of the first things I did after opening my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flying_neko wrote:
Also, a minor thing which I think might be improved in the coming second printing: The separate summary sheets for each role are very flimsy, so I have laminated them. However, since they fit snugly in the box before being laminated, they are now too big. surprise

In the second edition, if budget permits, I'd make them a bit thicker; alternatively, I would make those sheets smaller, so that they will fit in the box after being laminated.
The first thing that I did was scan the cheat sheets and print new copies before bringing them to game night where people could potentially have grubby hands. The originals are stored in my trove whistle of important documents.

I'd be happy to share the digital files if Patrick says it's ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have already been published.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8xlQYyEm7zMfndS...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the artwork, by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
Lamination methods may vary, but if you can trim the edges as close as possible to the original width of the sheets they'll fit in the box without any problems. They won't have "watertight" sealed edges, but will retain all of the extra durability that comes from being laminated. That was one of the first things I did after opening my copy.

I have used an alternative trick: I have cut the laminated sheets down to the outside size of the box, leaving a margin of about 0.5cm, so they fit between the box and the kickstarter box sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marcss wrote:
The first thing that I did was scan the cheat sheets and print new copies before bringing them to game night where people could potentially have grubby hands. The originals are stored in my trove whistle of important documents.

Hmm, that's a good idea to print out new copies. I'd be more willing to trim those down so that laminated versions could fit easily in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doolen k
msg tools
So how many cave tiles are used with a thief? All 51 plus entrance or do the vault tiles replace other tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the tiles are used nothing is replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doolen k
msg tools
OK. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Look, honey, he thinks there's honey in there!
badge
We can't all be Zheleznogorsk.
mbmbmbmbmb
HolisticDeveloper wrote:
marcss wrote:

Hmm, that's a good idea to print out new copies. I'd be more willing to trim those down so that laminated versions could fit easily in the box.

I printed the PDFs at 85% scale and laminated them. They're still perfectly legible and fit in the box to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get why people think the player rules are flimsy. They are nothing more nor less than pages from the instruction book copied so that you may hand one to each player. Do you think the instruction book is flimsy too? Or that it needs to be laminated?
*confused*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
I don't get why people think the player rules are flimsy. They are nothing more nor less than pages from the instruction book copied so that you may hand one to each player. Do you think the instruction book is flimsy too? Or that it needs to be laminated?
*confused*

It feels like the reference sheets are printed on slightly lighter weight paper than the rulebook, although I don't know if this actually the case or not. Regardless, the rulebook definitely feels a lot sturdier by virtue of being a 20-page booklet rather than a single sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Look, honey, he thinks there's honey in there!
badge
We can't all be Zheleznogorsk.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the book is structurally less likely to get dropped, creased, or wrinkled because it's 10 sheets of A3-ish paper bound together. The player sheets are fine and we have gotten along fine with them, but everyone is so ginger with them, and flipping them back to front is taking its toll. The laminated ones are sturdy and easy to handle without worry about mussing up someone's game. At least, that's how folks are at my table.

The PDFs are available, so this is all less than a whiff of an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.