9 Posts

Dragonwood» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enhancement Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrianne Cross
msg tools
mb
Can more than 1 enhancement card be used in a turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Kisgen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrianne Cross
msg tools
mb
Thank you. I didn't see in the rulebook where it specified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie Gunderson
United States
Deer Creek Mesa (Littleton)
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
across33 wrote:
Can more than 1 enhancement card be used in a turn?

The rules are ambiguous on this point. There is reference to "use of enhancements" and it is plural, but the plural nature of the word choice does not at all indicate with clarity that the simultaneous use is permitted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
mb
This last game I had the +2, +1 to all rolls and two of the +2 to a specific capture attempt. +5 to almost every attempt. It was awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cand M45

Virginia
msg tools
What becomes of an Enhancement card if you fail to defeat it? Does it remain in front of the player so that he or she can attack it again later, get reshuffled into the deck, or simply discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CandM wrote:
What becomes of an Enhancement card if you fail to defeat it? Does it remain in front of the player so that he or she can attack it again later, get reshuffled into the deck, or simply discarded?

Officially, it is discarded, but if you don't like that, feel free to keep them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Kisgen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
CandM wrote:

Officially, it is discarded, but if you don't like that, feel free to keep them.

I interpret this question differently, so let me make sure everyone is clear here. If you attempt a capture of an Enhancement in the landscape, and you fail to defeat it, it remains in the landscape just like a creature would. All cards remain in the landscape until someone captures them, at which point they go to the player and a new card comes out.

A separate case is after you have captured a one-use Enhancement and you then later use it for a capture attempt and fail. Here the rules could have been clearer. I have been convinced that a preferable way to play is that if you fail using a one-use Enhancement, you get to keep it until you make a successful capture with it (this was not my initial intent). Actually, my preferred way to play is that if you fail, you turn the one-use Enhancement sideways and you can try one more time with that Enhancement (discarding it regardless of success or failure that second time). But this obviously adds a bit more complexity. The harshest way to go is that you discard it the first time regardless of success or failure. I encourage people to play in whichever way they enjoy the most (none of these will affect the balance of the game in any significant way).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, we've always played that if it is a one time Enhancement, the player gets to use it one time only. If they fail on the capture attempt, they fail, and the Enhancement Card is discarded. This helps each player determine the best timing of using these single-use cards.

That said, I'd be all-for providing each player 2 attempts (if the first attempt fails). Perhaps we'll try this out sometime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.