BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Police Vs Terrorists - FPS In a boardgame! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Guevara
Argentina
flag msg tools
Poll
The idea of having a Boardgame base in a FPS is...
Of course Stupid. Leave that to the computers
Awesome, i think i will be interested
Lame, another VideoGame to Something conversion. Probably a failure
I will like to know more about it
No way this is going to be fun
Yes! fianlly my dream come true!
      10 answers
Poll created by Pablo Guevara

Ok, i'm developing a game base of the Close map Team Vs Team Matchs. Pretty much like Battlefield, Counter Strike, Uncharted and so on.... About the Conforntation Mechanic, i think it's going pretty much ok. Try to put the Key factor of the confrontation: Type of Weapon, Qty of Ammo and Aiming Experience. I think those factors are well developed in the game.

Just a Comment...this is a Prototype... Some of the Art is coypright but is use for Proto Purposes... If i eventualy move the game to a new stage i will look for artists to do all the work

I'm working in the movement part. I think i manage it, but i want your opinion. One of the Key factors of this type of game is not knowing the path of the other team. Of course is a key factor because you see a lot of "Wall Hack" to avoid this. So, how yo manage this on game? i first thought on some " Dungeons and dragons" or "Hero quest" Technique... but is awful that "Master" thing
So i came out with this. You have two Units, represent those with small tokens. You put those upside down, so the other player don't see those (you also). And you add 5 "Blank" Chips... All the time you can turn them to see which one is Unit and which one is blank. So you star moving in the board in a pathfinding way (see the image) I you fin chips from the opposite team, if both blanks both chips are returning to base, if 1 is unit and the other is blank. The blank one is delete and the unit turn down again and adds 1 (or 2) Blank in the same spot so the player that has a unit in there has the advantage to move again without not knowing where it goes.
If both have units, a confrontation begans.
I figure out another cool things... Buying Special skill cards and so on for different situations. Of course, Money will give you Weapons and skills.
I'll show my prototype so far. It's base on De_Dust2 Counter strike map top view, but is for prototype purposes. I expect some day to design completely the map.
So far the mechanics are awesome... i made some Playtesting and works like a charm. Hope some day i finish this. Still a mess but it works. I add the Police Unit, you see there a card where you can buy you stuff in the game.
About confrontation is a Dice Rolling one. Yoy Have Lives (those red crosses) 5 in total (two more if you buy Kevlar) For the guns there is Qty of Bullets, Price and 3 Blue dots with numbers in each dot... that means "Aim" regarding to the distance that you are with the other guy. a 1 it means that you have a Red Dice, a 2 2 Dices and so one. First blue dot means near you, 1 and 2 the dot's distance between you and your opponent.and then you decide How many Green Dices you bet on the confrontation Each Dice, each Bullet (you have to use at least one in the confrontation). The difference between Red and green it's that Red has 3 Hits and 3 miss there are all d6 dices. Green ones have 2 hits, 2 miss, 1 Headshot and 1 counter Strike.... Headshot means 2 hits instead of 1 and counter strike means you receive a hit. 1 hit = 1 red cross took out.
First games that seem unbalance.. but in Counter strike for example, 1 bullet of Awp and you are out of the game...seem unbalance also, but it works
I want it to share and because i never see this "hide" technique and i'm looking for learning purposes other games, maybe someone could give me ideas about Showing and Hiding stuff.
Please i apreciate if you give your opinion Thanks in advance!

One of the thing that i want to know about legal issues... this will NOTHING to do to a real FPS...but you can see that the escense of a particular Valve Game is there...

taking OFF all reference, but mantaining the concept. You consider could be a legal issue? I mean... i will no call de_dust the map... but yes i will call it Demolition Arena... or Bombing Sand... I will use the same weapons (but those of course are not property of valve) ... I will Call Police to the counter/terrorist guys... I will use rounds and money, planting bomb and a lot of stuff. And of course Language well know to be use in CS (Camping, Bombing, Planting, Rush, etc) ... To much Counter, but witohout mention in... Do you consider could be a legal issue there?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Guevara
Argentina
flag msg tools
About Units

Terrorist Side has 3 Type of units. 1 is the Bomb that has a limit life and the other two are 1 single unit and a double Unit. This brings unbalance on Challenging situations. I really like this idea that was a recomentation. Since i applied it, it all began to be more challenging.

The price to "Arm" the units is the same, but the double unit has more Life and bullets. So arming the double unit more of the single one is a tempting situation.

When each round start, you have to spend some money to arm your units. You have a Handgun (9mm for police and glock for terrorist are free), OR if you survive last run, you can have the weapons that you keep.

I will talk about Granades Later...i think adds a lot of complexity in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Guevara
Argentina
flag msg tools
I still working on this, Really Love the Theme. I'm working on the rules right now. Maybe someone could give me advice about the use of the google drive for Manual issues. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.