Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the "Alien Scavenger" tactic is missing some text. Otherwise, he looks fun! He could be difficult to beat late game, especially if "Tactical Genius" is one of the first tactics pulled or if you play a Scheme like Superhero Civil War or Detonate the Helicarrier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Nice work!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so cool !!!

just manadary should be more clear.

pick a hero for every player...

what does it mean ?

you gain as many heroes then there are players ? from where hq ? hero deck ? KO ? can I choose ?

or does every player gain a heroes of thier choice ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimmel Prime

North Carolina
msg tools
I will post an updated image when I get home. That was the temp copy we made when trying it out, it should read:

Choose a Hero in the KO Pile for each player. Each player gains that Hero.

The idea behind it is if it is pulled late in the game it will decrease Mandarin's attack, if pulled early there may not be any non grey Heroes, or very few non grey Heroes in the KO Pile and not be much of a benefit.

Also wanted to note that in the original build, "Lord of the Rings" had you reveal Spectrum or KO a non grey Hero from your hand, but when playing with it that Tactic felt way too brutal so we changed it to a Wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I definitely approve! Mandarin should matter, and I always liked the Mole Man game mechanic. This is remarkably similar.

I like your Villain team, too. I didn't know that any of them worked with or for Mandarin (my primary exposure to Iron Man enemies are the Iron Man movies and the cartoon Iron Man Armored Adventures season 1), but seem like good picks. I'm surprised to not see Ultimo or Fing Fang Foom, however. Why did you pick the ones we see here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimmel Prime

North Carolina
msg tools
We picked them because they were some of the Minions that served Mandarin in the old Iron Man Cartoon from the 90's. Foom and Ultimo were almost added, but we were also working on a different Villain set that Foom is going to be a part of, I can't remember why we scratched Ultimo, Dreadknight was also originally going to be a part of the set, but we went with Blizzard instead. And of course in the show it wasn't the current Whiplash but the older Blacklash, but we decided to use the newer character.

Our original mechanic for Blizzard had him freezing the Hero Deck so that you could not draw and refill the HQ until he was defeated, but it worked against a couple of schemes so we nixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Those sound like sensible reasons.

Your decision to not freeze the HQ was definitely the right one. Other people have done similar things with other villains in their custom cards, and the consensus of those who use the custom things (I use them very rarely) is that it screws with the game in very bad ways.

It made sense to me. While not common, more than a few games start or turn to a point where all you can do is recruit as you wait to gather enough power to take on big villains or Mastermind. Bad guys like Blizzard make even that an impossibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.