Malta
flag msg tools
mb
I know Thunderstone advance is the better game but here is the deal :

I can get :

Thunderstone + All expansions for €150
Thunderstone Adv + All Exp for €480

So what should I do?

PS : I know a new edition is coming out, but you have to take note that it may take 4-5 more years for content (expansions) to catch up with TS or TS:A. I am not willing to wait that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan St. John
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new edition coming out??? I was under the impression that AEG was no longer supporting it.

In response to your dilemma, I have only played Thunderstone Advance with nearly everything (minus Numenera and the starter set). I love it! It is my favourite deckbuilder. I would definitely purchase it but my opinion is biased and I have no basis for comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Keep in mind one of the reasons why TS was replaced was because TS had game breaking card combinations. With that said with proper planning you can likely avoid those combinations. I would go with the cheaper set at the moment, but keep in mind many are dumping their copies of TSA at cheaper than recent prices due to 3rd edition coming out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From a thread I've read thunderstone 3rd edition scheduled to come out will not be the same game, there's talks of common decks / heroes / items although I'm just repeating what I understand from early reports.

I've played both TS and TSA my preference is TSA although I'm way to cheap to pay that much at one time / not saying over time it wouldn't end up that expensive but one shot I don't think I would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
rsj77 wrote:
There is a new edition coming out??? I was under the impression that AEG was no longer supporting it.

Yeh they announced it at GenCon, however it'll be in the form of a Kickstarter (why??!! shake) and may be a complete reboot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Advance a lot, but it's not that much better, and most improvements can be effortlessly applied to your regular Thunderstone. The only thing harder to replicate is the better starting deck. There is also a broken hero in the original that I never use, but that's it. With such a difference in price, original Thunderstone would be a sure choice for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandonboards wrote:
Thunderstone Adv + All Exp for €480
That's way overpriced. If you feel you want the game _now_ go for the old edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.