Hide
12 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Playdek Leaderboard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Devin Nice
msg tools
While it's not official, I was pretty happy to find that someone on Reddit is posting a monthly ratings leaderboard. Even happier to find out I'm on it

https://www.reddit.com/r/twilightstruggle/comments/4u9sjp/pl...

Of course Ziemowit is right up there. Is EZGame anyone from this forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on the list (Makis B)! However it is good to know that the top players on the list don't play many games therefore their ratings don't change much. Those that have played hundreds of games including myself are in the 1900-2000 zone. Also if you play against opponents below the 1700 mark like i do and you lose then your rating drops drastically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, I'd scrape in at 24. Still, that list is going to be really incomplete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makis B, you've absolutely earned your rating. Our game this evening saw me (Ghostbuster) lucky enough to play Red Scare/Purge on you FOUR TIMES and you still won in final scoring. Very well played!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sputnik Ma
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
EZGames is Kris Wei from China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sputnik Ma
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Redcard5 wrote:
While it's not official, I was pretty happy to find that someone on Reddit is posting a monthly ratings leaderboard. Even happier to find out I'm on it

https://www.reddit.com/r/twilightstruggle/comments/4u9sjp/pl...

Of course Ziemowit is right up there. Is EZGame anyone from this forum?

Hi RedCard, still did not got a chance to play with you since I can not see you while I am online.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooles D
Canada
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also there's a player called "angrylittlenian", [edited, sorry] current rating 2005.

Out of interest what do the games stats look like for these top players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wei
China
flag msg tools
With 6 accounts over 2000, I think using glicko system in this luck-driven game makes player impossible over 2300(if not intentional feeding),and also the leaderboard is not as useful as AREA rating IMO.

AREA rating: https://unitedfriendseu.wordpress.com/ts-area-ratings/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziemowit Pazderski
msg tools
It's hard to say how accurate these top ratings are, due to a severe rating bias among the opponents played. In other rated games (like chess), as well as with AREA rating for TS, rating of the top players is based mostly on the games they play against each other, or against opponents of at least very significant strength (so it would be perhaps 1900+ on Steam). On Steam it is very hard to find even a 1900+ opponent, so I have played most of my games against players rated 1700-1900. From 100 or so games I don't believe I've had more than 3 against opponents with rating higher than 2000.

sankt wrote:
With 6 accounts over 2000...

And then there's that. The top 10 list kind of loses it's meaning if half of it is one guy :-) Not that I'm not guilty of the same "crime", having two 2100+ accounts as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sankt wrote:
With 6 accounts over 2000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Nice
msg tools
sankt wrote:
With 6 accounts over 2000, I think using glicko system in this luck-driven game makes player impossible over 2300(if not intentional feeding),and also the leaderboard is not as useful as AREA rating IMO.

AREA rating: https://unitedfriendseu.wordpress.com/ts-area-ratings/

And why would a ceiling be bad? Isn't the idea of a ratings system to find your "true" strength, at least until somebody improves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooles D
Canada
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FantasyGamer, 2136
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.