$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Unfair» Forums » General

Subject: Can the length of the game be shortened without greatly affecting gameplay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craft Wood
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Firstly I love the whole theme and the way the game looks.however my gaming group like to play games that take 60 minutes and 90 minutes at a stretch.Could the number of event cards be reduced to reduce the time the game takes and still keep the feel that you have created a great theme park.

I hope you get what I am trying to ask?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a "game changer" card in the game (and pnp files) that reduces the game to 6 rounds and cuts some of the complexity, to make it fit a shorter timeframe yet still give the feeling of a complete game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
The First Date version of the game plays fine because it has removed the elements that need the longer game in order to pay off.

If you were to use First Date for a few games, to give a shorter game while you're all becoming familiar with the cards, you could probably then change back to a full 8 rounds later on.

You may also benefit from having the Starting Player be the marshall, reminding people they can move on with their turn once the previous player is done.

Our group is now quite familiar with the game and we're able to play most Event cards simply by calling the name of the card, because everyone knows what they do, and we can get in a 4 player game with 8 rounds and all the features in about an hour and a quarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craft Wood
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Thank you for your quick reply, this seems like such a well designed game that it has different options for different types of players. I think this will be a game I will back on kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.