Subject: Word of pain card clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
markko ghost
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello there!

So, our group have a small problem about that card - Word of pain (Attach to a target unit. Attached unit cannot attack.) Ok, this card is simple to understand BUT...

Our situation: Opponent attached this card to one of my units. Later in battlefield phase he attacked zone with my unit (with Word of pain). Can i choose this unit as a defender? Word of pain says that attached unit cannot attack - but doesn't say nothing about defending (for example: Attached unit cannot attack or defend).

So, which one is correct:

1. Unit with Word of pain can't be declared as attacker (because it can't attack) and can't be declared as defender (because defending is the same as attacking),

OR

2. Unit with Word of pain can be declared as defender, because defendning is not the same as attacking.

How do you guys play this card? :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Steve SMASH!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it that the unit can defend just fine. Defending and attacking are two different things!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, there are cards that specifically state, "attack or defend," and I want to say the corruption mechanic rules also specify that the unit cannot "attack or defend," so, the omission of defending on Word of Pain would seem to be deliberate.

There's also cards that specifically state they can defend from any zone, and ones that can attack from any zone. So, again, the sense seems to be they're two separate conditions which are altered separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
markko ghost
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you guys! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.