Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

1812: The Invasion of Canada» Forums » Rules

Subject: John Norton rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Can the native card John Norton be played after a move that causes a battle but before the battle is resolved? Say I move 5 natives into an enemy occupied territory that causes a battle, can I then play John Norton to scatter the army that just moved into surrounding territories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AHdave wrote:

Is the following legal?
1. First use your movement card to advance an army into a space containing an enemy army.
2. Then use the John Norton card to move 1 Native American unit into each of the adjoining territories. This effectively allows a single Native American unit to leapfrog an enemy army gaining the rear and possibly an objective or muster area.

Yes this is legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oops! Didn't see that post, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to find as it was under a title like 'Rules Question' versus something better like "John Norton rules question."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Only a month and a half late with this quick reply... The original thread is now listed as John Norton rules question. It was posted about three years ago. A quick comment on the discussion in that older thread about rules abuse. Yes, the designer specifically said the move was valid. Based on what I have read, the native Americans seemed to be able to almost teleport wherever they were inclined to go at this time period so I think being able to "raid" large areas of mostly open territory seems perfectly reasonable. I'm hoping to surprise my opponents with this move next game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.