Subject: 408 Artillery Division rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools

I have a question about the German 408 Arty Div. So this division comes on the map September 17th without any HQ. Unless I'm missing something it has no HQ in the game. I like to attach it to a Formation HQ so it has one. Now, the rules state i can't attached more then (1) One Artillery Unit to an existing Formation, nor can i make these (4) artillery units into a BG. So my question is:

1. The German 353 HQ came into the game without any units and the ones i did attached to it was disband the day before. Can i attach these four German 408 Arty Div to that HQ?

2. If I can't, am I supposed to send each unit to four different Formation HQ?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug John
United States
Inyokern
California
flag msg tools
The 408th would be better attached directly to a corps or Army HQ. An army can have 12 asset units attached directly to it, and a corps can have 24. While attached to either of those HQ, the units do not count against formation attachment limits, but can trace GenS directly to any formation HQ subordinate to the army or corps the unit is attached to.
The 408th is actually a Brigade that would have been attached as an army or corps assets to support subordinate formations.

Section 15.0 speaks army and corps asset units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
dwar49 wrote:
The 408th would be better attached directly to a corps or Army HQ. An army can have 12 asset units attached directly to it, and a corps can have 24. While attached to either of those HQ, the units do not count against formation attachment limits, but can trace GenS directly to any formation HQ subordinate to the army or corps the unit is attached to.
The 408th is actually a Brigade that would have been attached as an army or corps assets to support subordinate formations.

Section 15.0 speaks army and corps asset units.

Great, that was very helpful...

Still learning the in's and out's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a Division, hence no HQ. It's the 408 Volks Artillerie Korps (at this time, it was still the 408 Heeres Artillerie Brigade) under the command of Oberstleutnant Adam. It was directly subordinate to Herresgruppe West.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Johnson

California
msg tools
Bob

Exactly. In the game they are handled as independent corps or army assets that can be assigned to any army or corps HQ. The designation "408th" is for historical information only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools

Yes, that was some great background information on the unit. Allows me to understand better how the units work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.