Halo: Ground Command» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Lfseeney
msg tools
mbmbmb
Question on Infantry.

It says they all have to fire at same type, then mentions mulit weapons choosing.

So can Elements with Rocket Launchers fire at Armored Hunters, while the Rifles fire at nearby grunts?

The way the bullet points are at start of Ranged Combat I am not sure the correct answer.

Sniper Rifles are called out in the later text, but nothing on Rockets or other weapons.

If not allowed Rockets and such seem very weak if having to waste the rest of an units firepower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Maxwell
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read it is the bullet point says that a unit must fire at one unit, but the following one says an element with different weapons may fire each weapon at a different unit.

To me, this says that if you have a mixed unit, the unit as a whole must fire at a single other unit, but any different weapons, such as rocket launchers can ignore that and fire at a different unit.

I think the first bullet is the 'default' rule, while the second covers the exception to that. Otherwise, why have a mixed unit if part of the unit is going to be less effective simply because they can't fire at the proper target?

At least, that's my take on it. But I certainly don't claim to be a rules lawyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the bullet points says that an infantry unit may only ever target ONE enemy unit. So if an infantry unit has rocket launcher in it, it has to attack the same enemy unit as the riflemen.

The bullet point where it says about different weapons is about a tanks or air unit that has more than one weapon. Those are able to target different enemy units with each weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.