Subject: SoC Era Difficulty (w. Mythos Card Stats! - No Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Signs of Carcossa out now, how is everyone finding the difficulty level (with all expansions added preferably)?

In my last few runs, I was noticing that I was getting a lot of the harder tentacle mythos and a lot less of the easy mythos cards. So decided to sorted out my cards and calculated the distribution between easy/normal/hard after each expansion. I'll add the full chart below.

Basically I've found that in the base game, the distribution of easy/normal/hard was
Yellow: 24%/52%/24%
Green: 33% each
Blue: 33% each

By the time we reached the newest expansion, it became:
Yellow: 24%/45%/32%
Green: 26%/41%/33%
Blue: 24%/41%/35%

Overall, we've either lost 7-8% from the easy category and added it to the normal category OR lost 7-8% from the normal category and added it to the hard category. Not as drastic as I have been experience but a general increase in difficult nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
To ne honest I really good. Last big box make a game too easy in my opinion. So now is more better balanced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignas Masilionis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use random mythos deck, so difficulty is the same as I choose what it will be. I.E. if i have to pick 9 yellow mythos, I pick 2 hard 2 easy and 5 normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zazasLT wrote:
I don't use random mythos deck, so difficulty is the same as I choose what it will be. I.E. if i have to pick 9 yellow mythos, I pick 2 hard 2 easy and 5 normal.

This. I do the same ever since this fantastically great idea/post from Tim Garrett (Garriath):
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1505048/mythos-deck-ensurin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GermanTodd wrote:
zazasLT wrote:

This. I do the same ever since this fantastically great idea/post from Tim Garrett (Garriath):
[url]

Lol actually I posted in that too with a suggestion that I think Tim accepted as better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.