9 Posts

Dominant Species» Forums » Rules

Subject: A questions about the Evolution card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
So does this mean that is I, as the play of "X" with say 15 cubes left target another species "Y" with 8 cubes on the board, that I get to replace all of "y"'s cubes with cubes of my own?

The text says "one of each of their species..." but each cube is its own species for that animal type, correct. so every cube in play is a different species...

So the card says that you can replace one of each of their species anywhere on earth...

but each cube is its own species, so that mean every cube, anywhere on earth is valid to be replaced - if yo have sufficient cubes available in your gene pool.

So you can potentially use this card to completely remove another animal completely from earth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it says one of each of their species, it means one species of each of the players you have chosen. So you can replace up to two cubes on the board with your own, 1 from two different players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
The word "species" is equivalent to the word "cube". So, the "Evolution" card allows you to replace 2 opponent cubes with yours. However, you must choose different opponents. In a 2-player game, you can only replace 1 cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize you HAD to choose up to two different opponents. So choosing one opponent only allows you to remove one cube of theirs to be replaced by your cube. Other question is does your cube come from your gene pool supply or from the board? I would assume the opponent cubes go back to their supply? This card had confused us in our last game so I guess it is good to get exact clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MEECROB GoHeels wrote:
I didn't realize you HAD to choose up to two different opponents. So choosing one opponent only allows you to remove one cube of theirs to be replaced by your cube. Other question is does your cube come from your gene pool supply or from the board? I would assume the opponent cubes go back to their supply? This card had confused us in our last game so I guess it is good to get exact clarification.

It comes from the GENE POOL.

Edit: I'm an idiot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vidra wrote:
MEECROB GoHeels wrote:

It comes from the board and it doesn't go back to the player's supply. The rules state that only glaciation (placing tundras) returns cubes to a player's gene pool. Everything else kills them dead.

I just want to be clear on this. If I am picking the evolution card I choose up to two different opponents. I cannot choose the same opponent twice. I take my opponents cube and remove it from the game and place my cube from anywhere on the board not from my supply onto the tile I removed my opponents cube. Why couldn't I take the cube from my supply to place it to replace my opponents cube? It says in the rulebook for the Evolution card that if you only have zero or one species remaining in your pool you can only replace zero or one opposing species, respectively. Sorry just wanna make sure we get this card correct for the next game. It came up on the last turn in our game last week and he had no cubes left in his gene pool so we didn't think he could replace any cubes. Basically can it get replaced from your gene pool, from the board, or both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gene pool only. If you have no cubes left in your pool, the card is worthless to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gast

Weyauwega
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
Gene pool only. If you have no cubes left in your pool, the card is worthless to you.

Ok thank you very much. That's the way we played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MEECROB GoHeels wrote:
MisterG wrote:

Ok thank you very much. That's the way we played it.

Sorry, I was tired and misread your post. Yes, as the others said, your cube comes from the gene pool. My bad. Should not post when tired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.