Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Shirtz
United States
Rensselaer Falls
New York
flag msg tools
Game Board designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When Deadeye archers are on board, should they be obliged always to reach the Survivors when they make noise, or can they move in an opposite direction if the opportunity to get on top of a tower to shoot at them above would be more advantageous?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if you want to change their rules of engagement, but it seems that you would then need to have a player controlling the Zs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will follow the same movement protocols as all other Zombies (Necromancers excepted). They aren't smart enough to try to head for towers or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They only shoot when they have LOS. All other times they are moving towards the noisiest zone. You house rule it to make them smarter but in the case of Zombicide all zombies are just hungry for survivor brains. Pretty simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kinda like the idea of moving the deadeyes to a better advantage position. However, I would perform that movement pattern ONLY when a necromancer is still in play. I think of it as, the necromancer raised these archer zombie types specific to take out the heroes, so it makes sense that the necromancers obsessions over-rule the zombies base desires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrellrwood wrote:
They only shoot when they have LOS. All other times they are moving towards the noisiest zone.

To be exact, they shoot when they have LoS to Survivors in range (0-3). If they don't have range, but can see Survivors, they'll head towards the loudest group they can see, going to the noisiest Zone if they can't see anyone at all.

I'm fairly certain you knew this already, but the way you worded it missed the case where Survivors could be seen only at long distances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.