Legendary: Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Opposing "Take A Bullet For The Team"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Ross
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
My opponent plays "Reckless" to gain a wound. I discard "Take A Bullet For The Team" to cancel the wound and draw two cards but my opponent also tried to play "Take A Bullet For The Team" for the same effect. What happens?

Does my resolve first making not wound to negate so my opponent can't play their "Take A Bullet For The Team"? Does my opponent's resolve first allowing them to draw 2 cards and mine gets discard but gets no effect since there is no longer a wound to cancel? Or do we both draw 2 cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably should be either the first person to play the Bullet card down, or the person left of the player who played Reckless gets the first chance to play the Bullet card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card says:

Quote:
If any player would gain a Wound, you may discard this card instead. If you do, draw two cards.

I wonder since there's not particular way of deciding who should get to go first, you or your opponent, if you couldn't both discard and draw two in this instance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Card says:

Quote:
If any player would gain a Wound, you may discard this card instead. If you do, draw two cards.

I wonder since there's not particular way of deciding who should get to go first, you or your opponent, if you couldn't both discard and draw two in this instance?

I agree. You can both do it as there is nothing in the card text or game rules that I know of to say otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Bratty wrote:
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Card says:

Quote:

I agree. You can both do it as there is nothing in the card text or game rules that I know of to say otherwise.

Once one has been discarded, there is no player who "would gain a wound" so a second one cannot be discarded. This is the same reason you can't draw infinite cards with Cap's Diving Block (Core) (or 2 cards with 2 copies : https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10994959#10994959).

I believe that if 2 players try to discard at the same time, technically 2 things are happening at once, so the active player decides the order. (can't find link to that ruling) I could also see an argument for starting with current player then going clockwise around the table, as a normal tie-breaking between players doing simultaneous actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... that's not quite the same situation, though, as the link discusses one player discarding two cards, which can't be done simultaneously while this was about two different players each discarding one card, which can be done simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
The problem is the word "instead". That means that once a person takes the hit, the wound won't be taken and you can't go "instead" anymore.

I mean, if I have 2 copies in my hand I can't discard both, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theorel wrote:
I believe that if 2 players try to discard at the same time, technically 2 things are happening at once, so the active player decides the order.

I think that is sound reasoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.