Popular Tags: [View All]
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello guys,

Sorry to bother you with this. I was wondering if anyone knows who KDM's EU Warehouse partner is (as far as I am aware, it's based in Germany; I've already sent an email to the KDM support team, but I doubt they will manage to get to it anytime soon).

The reason I ask is that I wish to get in touch with the Warehouse; I was about to checkout an order at the Store when I found out that they offer a flat EU delivery rate and my country (Bulgaria) is not included in it. After my initial disappointment and whilst thinking whether to cut an expansion in order to compensate for the transportation costs which proved higher than expected, I was idly browsing neighbouring countries and came to realize that mine is more or less the only EU country that is not included in the flat rate offer, hence requiring me to pay $100 more than the rest.

My amazement only grew when I clicked at random and the Store system informed me that the delivery to Bulgaria (which is situated at about 1000+ km away from Germany) is actually more expensive than one from the same EU Warehouse to a country on a different continent like the Philippines or even Brazil, which is notorious for their high delivery costs.

May be it's some kind of a technical mistake; it could be something as simple as having my country listed under a different tab. I'd like to ask them to check it out.

Paying $125 for the delivery is really painful, yet my group and I enjoy even the core game alone and I would have already likely placed the order, albeit some expansion short, if that was all about it. Being required to pay $100 more than everybody else in my region, however, makes me feel like the odd one out and actually stopped me from doing so.

Thank you in advance for the intel,
Kamen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If it's any consolation I've just paid $95 for delivery of four expansions to the UK. The way they calculate shipping has changed and I think they've decided we should absorb any complications with the shipping. I understand why they did it, but damn it's expensive.

If it turns out to be cheaper by a large amount I'll be contacting them about the discrepancy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
The partner is Ulisses Spiele, you get their vcard every time you get anything from EU warehouse. Unfortunately, I did not keep any of them. I suppose that their website is http://www.ulisses-spiele.de/, but unfortunately I cannot be 100% certain of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found out that there is some weight limit for the order for getting the flat rate shipping.

"Got an answer. You only get a 25$ shipping if your order is >25lbs. Some sort of discount."
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23472126#23472126

Try to send them (KD team) a support ticket for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hoskins
msg tools
RustyVbT wrote:
If it's any consolation I've just paid $95 for delivery of four expansions to the UK. The way they calculate shipping has changed and I think they've decided we should absorb any complications with the shipping. I understand why they did it, but damn it's expensive.

If it turns out to be cheaper by a large amount I'll be contacting them about the discrepancy.

For what it's worth, if I put four expansions (three if one of them is a big one) in the cart and go to checkout, I get the option of EU flat rate shipping to the UK for $25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuclearWinter wrote:
RustyVbT wrote:

For what it's worth, if I put four expansions (three if one of them is a big one) in the cart and go to checkout, I get the option of EU flat rate shipping to the UK for $25.

I didn't. And I had the Dragon King + two other expansions + Green Armor.

But maybe they have fixed it by now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, green armor is not exactly heavy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did not get a reply to my support request yet, but paid 66 Dollars for one big and one small expansion. 25 lbs? That's way heavier than the core game! Two or even four expansions will never exceed that weight.
Right now, I am deeply disappointed. The moment you think about turning to eBay scalpers, because it might be less expensive than a shop order, tells you that something is obviously terribly wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed is right, I just tried to put 4 regular expansions in my cart and got the 25$ flat rate. Then it got weird, I tried to put a sunstalker and a manhunter in a cart. Since then the system is telling me that there are no shipping methods available for my cart or my destination, even if both are in stock and I live in the same country as the warehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Well, green armor is not exactly heavy...

No, it's not. But the DK is the biggest and heaviest one, I assume. And he was talking about three expansions if one of them is a big one. The armor was just an addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arz man
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia / Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same result as Ed.
Was playing around earlier and several combinations trigger the 25$ EU Flat rate shipping (always at least 200$ worth of products):
2 Sunstalkers,
DK + Slenderman,
DK + 2 Slendermen.

DK on its own had 65$ shipping just like Sunstalker + Slenderman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm the 4 "big" expansions is an error in regards to EU Flat rate.

Customer service told me the IT department would look into it, 3-4 hours ago and no fix yet.

Don't know how they would handle orders with 4 exp and flat rate, if you checked out.

And funny fact at the 1st day with the discounts, I added all the expansions (12) and didn't get the option for EU flat rate......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Vogler
Austria
flag msg tools
I bought the last DK+Manhunter+Gorm+LionKing with the EU-Flaterate 25,-- Euros!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got DK and Slenderman and NO option for EU flat rates. Paid 66 bucks and customer support told me (without further explanation) that 66 bucks is the shipping cost for my order (as I said, from Germany to Germany). This is getting ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wilhelmi
Germany
Husum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's Ulisses Spiele.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Same here. Contacted them and got a $75 refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voltemands wrote:
Same here. Contacted them and got a $75 refund.

I had no choice but to order Dragon King Expansion from EU as I wanted the expansion and it was not available anywhere else, $150 USD for the expansion + $100 USD for shipping...this is crazy. What's even more crazy is that I paid $25 USD for the Green Knight Armour expansion AND $100 USD for shipping.

After these two orders I have decided never to order anything KDM through EU warehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevenson Junior
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to clarify if $45,83 is considered normal shipping price for a single Sunstalker expansion from EU to EU nowadays?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask support about it, I am curious what they have to tell you. Some people get refunds, some don't, some had the 25$ shipping option available right away. It is completely not understandable how they calculate their shipping rate. I paid 66 bucks for two expansions and a shipping distance of 30 miles from the warehouse and got told that this is NO mistake. The 25$ rate would apply to orders greater than 25 lbs only.

Now try to add a flower knight to your sunstalker order, and you will see that you get the option for the EU shipping even if that surely does not exceed 25 lbs.

Or try to order the sunstalker from US warehouse, you will be presented the exact same shipping rate as from EU to EU.

Note to myself: In the Kingdom of Death, not everything that is obviously a mistake will be accepted as a mistake. Don't order if anything seems like something isn't right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluidkarma wrote:
Ask support about it, I am curious what they have to tell you. Some people get refunds, some don't, some had the 25$ shipping option available right away. It is completely not understandable how they calculate their shipping rate. I paid 66 bucks for two expansions and a shipping distance of 30 miles from the warehouse and got told that this is NO mistake. The 25$ rate would apply to orders greater than 25 lbs only.

Now try to add a flower knight to your sunstalker order, and you will see that you get the option for the EU shipping even if that surely does not exceed 25 lbs.

Or try to order the sunstalker from US warehouse, you will be presented the exact same shipping rate as from EU to EU.

Note to myself: In the Kingdom of Death, not everything that is obviously a mistake will be accepted as a mistake. Don't order if anything seems like something isn't right.

If you pick 4 "big" expansions you get the option for 25 flat rate EU (EU Store)
This is an error since I was told 4 "big" expansions is about 10lbs.

For getting 25 flat rate you should order almost everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right. Even the Core Game is just 18 lbs, and a big expansion is so light you would have to order multiple copies of the same expansion to get the bonus. Support fails to explain any of that and is randomly giving or refusing refunds without giving any reason. I am starting to get disappointed by that behaviour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PerAnton Larsson
Sweden
Örnsköldsvik
flag msg tools
I'm also getting a little bit pissed as some of you are.
A week ago or something, when the sale started i fiddled with an order.
Wasn't sure what to order and I wanted to know the shipping cost.
Everything I ordered was 25$ flat rate. Now when I made up my mind
its only 25$ if I order for 200$. That just pisses me off, when they change it like that.
Now my order for two expansions are 45$, and 3 65$. I live in Sweden for the record.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maldrok wrote:
I'm also getting a little bit pissed as some of you are.
A week ago or something, when the sale started i fiddled with an order.
Wasn't sure what to order and I wanted to know the shipping cost.
Everything I ordered was 25$ flat rate. Now when I made up my mind
its only 25$ if I order for 200$. That just pisses me off, when they change it like that.
Now my order for two expansions are 45$, and 3 65$. I live in Sweden for the record.

If you mean those single minis expansions (pinups etc.), they are sent from the HQ warehouse USA. Then the shipping costs are always quite high abroad.

This flat rate shipping counts only when ordered all from the EU warehouse to an EU country (so only the bigger "brown box expansions" can get it at this moment, if applicable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's just hope that the next sale has the EU flat rate shipping again (I don't have reasons to think that's not the case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PerAnton Larsson
Sweden
Örnsköldsvik
flag msg tools
HoboWithAShotgun wrote:

If you mean those single minis expansions (pinups etc.), they are sent from the HQ warehouse USA. Then the shipping costs are always quite high abroad.

This flat rate shipping counts only when ordered all from the EU warehouse to an EU country (so only the bigger "brown box expansions" can get it at this moment, if applicable).

I'm aware of that, It was only those 50$+ expansions. So no US shipped, thanks anyway mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.