4 Posts

Bloodborne: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beast Claw - everything but half damage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hula
United States
flag msg tools
Does Beast Claw grant you all the benefits of the hunter's dream? If I understand it correctly, a player who plays the beast claw and survives into the dream phase gets to:

Bank Blood Echoes
Reclaim Cards
Gain Upgrade
Gain Full Health

And if you play Beast Claw, but die before the dream phase, do you still get to reclaim used action cards? I'm guessing it doesn't stop you from losing collected blood echoes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Middleton
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
If you survive the round you get to bank, reclaim cards,gain, upgrades, and heal to full, also get the token if you killed the monster that round. If you died while playing the card you lose the blood, don't reclaim cards, get upgrade , and heal to full. So pretty much exactly what you said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis - Personal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that's right. The benefit of banking blood and regaining your action cards is on the Hunter's Dream card - you get those benefits by playing that card, not just for going into the Hunter's Dream. The beast claw should only allow you to go to the Hunter's Dream, and snag a new item.

If you get to bank your blood and reclaim your action cards, then it's a never ending loop, with absolutely no downside, thus making it the only card to get in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CYD Vicious
msg tools
new user
D_Davis wrote:
I don't think that's right. The benefit of banking blood and regaining your action cards is on the Hunter's Dream card - you get those benefits by playing that card, not just for going into the Hunter's Dream. The beast claw should only allow you to go to the Hunter's Dream, and snag a new item.

If you get to bank your blood and reclaim your action cards, then it's a never ending loop, with absolutely no downside, thus making it the only card to get in the game.

I agree here. You follow the card's effects.

Hunter Dream allows you to 1. refill health, and nab an upgrade.
Banking Blood and reclaiming cards is specific to the Hunter's Dream card's effects. The benefit of the Beast Claw, is Damage and replenish Health. So it's like the Blood Vial, except you get to cause damage and collect blood. However you also have the risk of playing a Melee (bad with Flamesprayer), but also the advantage of choosing to use if played with a Transform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.