Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
http://www.theshermantank.com/category/wet-storage/

WOW...I didn't know a bunch of there things....gotta give Tankers all the respect in the world!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link.

I am currently reading my fourth Osprey title on the Sherman. The past few weeks have been quite educational. This site will add more. thumbsup

Edit: in case anyone is interested, here are the titles:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
With all that gear they had to accompany the tankers,was there weight limit restrictions to become one? As well as height?...just curious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me throw this thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:
With all that gear they had to accompany the tankers,was there weight limit restrictions to become one? As well as height?...just curious

No height limit for the US, but that does come up post-war for the Soviets. In order to make their tanks as volumetrically small as possible (smaller targets, less weight, less material, etc.) they took the shortest 5% of their conscripts and made them tankers. I had the opportunity (at 5'-10" at the time - I've since shrunk a bit!) to sit in the driver's seat of a T-55 - couldn't get low enough in the seat to close the hatch!

-N

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Did not know that.... And guess if your tank got hit....upon exiting with hands in the air...One could hear the pleas:" don't shoot,I'm only a kid!".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.