Subject: Multiple of the same colored die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game last night and we ran into a situation we weren't 100% sure on.

If you have 2 dice of the same color, is your card of that color counted twice or just once? We played as though it were once but it would make a huge difference if it is the other way.

So for example you have 2 green dots and 1 blue and your green card is a 2 and your blue is a 3. Is your total for guessing 5 or 7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 7, each die counts.

Edit: It is not written in the rules, but if you look at the example table on page 11 you see that each row has 3 marks, and some of the rows have two marks on the same color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, good to know. We saw the multiple marks but we thought that was just to keep track of what the dice were. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in fact I don't think it makes a difference if you add up multiple of same or not. As long as all players do it the same way it does not affect the game at all.

I always add up all dice because that was also how Dan King described the rules in his review (IIRC).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, as long as it's done the same it's just a slightly different game. If you multiply the dice then it is slightly more difficult to pinpoint numbers but is obviously the same for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that as written it would actually be the other way for what it is worth. The text is "The sum of the numbers of the colours thrown"

In my example above, the colors thrown are green and blue and the sum of green and blue is 5 but it is definitely ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.