Subject: A couple of Magic Staffs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Here you go! You can print them at 100% and they should be the exact size of a card.

Also, note that the art is not mine, pulled it from the interwebs and modified to make work.

Update: Replaced the Magic Staff card so that it has better art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
Twin Cast was the top of my list for custom spells, and while it did what your staff of power does I like the staff better...

But I would make the 'spell dagger' a wand instead of a staff, with maybe a 0-1 range. I would even be tempted to give it the spell tag (but still a wand) so it can be used with a magic action (or spellcaster) and benifit from magical training (+1 die: Magic). YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Melriken wrote:
Twin Cast was the top of my list for custom spells, and while it did what your staff of power does I like the staff better...

But I would make the 'spell dagger' a wand instead of a staff, with maybe a 0-1 range. I would even be tempted to give it the spell tag (but still a wand) so it can be used with a magic action (or spellcaster) and benifit from magical training (+1 die: Magic). YMMV.

I do feel like wands are kinda another type of fantasy lore. As in, you don't really see wands in the Tolkien books, do you? And since this feels more like the Tolkien style fantasy I think I prefer Staffs, for now at least.

I pretty much just wanted to give Magic users more items to use, since they don't really have any at the moment (compared to ranged's plenty of bolts/arrows and Melee's daggers). Wulfsburg added a bunch of Magic Weapons, but no Magical items that Magic users could use. Anyways, keep the thoughts coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh sweet! thanks
like the staff of power

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Glad you like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
edsounddesign wrote:
I do feel like wands are kinda another type of fantasy lore. As in, you don't really see wands in the Tolkien books, do you? And since this feels more like the Tolkien style fantasy I think I prefer Staffs, for now at least.
Strange, I don't get a Tolken vibe off it at all, it feels very D&D to me. A bunch of unconnected villages, dangers but not a grand enemy. Human dominated with other races existing but fringe at best.

But I would agree with you that the various spellcaster a are pictured with staffs and not with wands. The lack of staffs in the items was something I noticed and was disappointed by as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Evans
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
Niiice! We have felt that mages/ wizards have been under-powered from the get-go so this is a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.