Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the last part of "havens last stand" you're supposed to mark x monsters. Can you actually mark the sin? Asking this as I see a lot of people marking the sin. The rulebook on page 22 describes the sin player board as "that SIN and its monsters" so i thought that you are not able to mark the sin.

Also there is an upgrade card for the heroes [I think its called the hazmat suit. effect is you can choose to ignore 1 fire wound or corruption] Any idea if this is once per turn? or once per move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
The Sin isn't a monster, but the Avatar is. Nobody is marking the Sin since it is not a figure, they are marking the Avatar which is the embodiment of the sin.

Hazmat suit will have to wait for someone with the game since I don't know the exact wording on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it marking the sin. It seemed thematically correct.

We also played the ignore 1 fire or corruption as every individual roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldnt be a suicide mission if the sin player stacks monsters together with the avatar and the heroes have to roll 7 hits on their turn [and high chance of dying if they fail?

What happened in my game was I teleported the avatar of sin to a place with a few pentagram tokens, a 4/4 "miniboss" brought out thru the apocalypse card, and an abomination.. I didnt mark the avatar as I assumed that you cant mark it. The 4/4 was marked though. Basically 2 heroes which went in and failed to get 4 hits were killed on my rolls as I was rolling 16 dice.

Just to add on, we were playing 3 heroes and my friends roll was bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Sin" is the power, the monsters are the figures with stats.

On the hazmat suit, it's for each roll of a damage type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Sullivan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waynez wrote:
Wouldnt be a suicide mission if the sin player stacks monsters together with the avatar and the heroes have to roll 7 hits on their turn [and high chance of dying if they fail?

What happened in my game was I teleported the avatar of sin to a place with a few pentagram tokens, a 4/4 "miniboss" brought out thru the apocalypse card, and an abomination.. I didnt mark the avatar as I assumed that you cant mark it. The 4/4 was marked though. Basically 2 heroes which went in and failed to get 4 hits were killed on my rolls as I was rolling 16 dice.

Just to add on, we were playing 3 heroes and my friends roll was bad

The game I played last year Eric Lang holed up inside a building with the Avatar Figure and several monsters surrounding it. We sent our best player loaded up with equipment in as our last hope before we lost the game. We ended up killing the avatar by a hair. It definitely is a strategy if the designer uses it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All figures used by the Sins player - Avatar, abominations and acolytes - are monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
The Sin isn't a monster, but the Avatar is. Nobody is marking the Sin since it is not a figure, they are marking the Avatar which is the embodiment of the sin.

Hazmat suit will have to wait for someone with the game since I don't know the exact wording on it.

You know what he meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
waynez wrote:
I didnt mark the avatar as I assumed that you cant mark it.

The Avatar is introduced, then the players have their mission. The Avatar is on the board first, so I do not see a reason you couldn't mark it; you would be wise to IMHO.

Far from official, but it is what we did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The avatar can be marked... you can hole up... wow that was some bad dice rolling?? Did they take corruption? Holing up is a strategy... and can be a good one but its not unbeatable by any means.

spreading out a bit to cause heroes to slow down their advancement and causes more attrition to the characters, that can be a bit of a tough thing for the heroes to deal with. This can also lead to another round and movement on the apocolypse track for the sins player... its really a matter of how you want to try and win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "hole up" strategy is a tough one, but can be beaten. Assuming the heroes have 1 or 2 heroes left as backup. Send in the hero with the most equipment, highest corruption and best melee (Thorley in the base game).

Remember: the heroes can allocate damage, so you can basically ignore the other monsters and only target the marked monsters.

It also takes time to execute a viable "hole up" strategy. So as the heroes, don't let the Sins player take that initiative. My first multi-player game had the heroes daunted as I holed up. They lost because they surrendered the initiative. Post-game, their conclusion was they should've gone in and killed as many monsters as possible to deny me the benefits of that strategy. Can't say they were wrong as the game was very close. Could've gone either way and if they were to play again, they probably would've been more aggressive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.