Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
So far I've been using plastic drawer units in a closet for storage of games. This allows me to keep games flat to prevent warping, away from sun and also drawers protect from dust. But I heard that it's best to keep books / games in a well ventilated area and drawers certainly don't qualify as such (especially in a closet). What do you guys think? I can buy some shelving units but doesn't dust become a problem when you have a large collection stored on shelves? It seems quite a chore to dust all games every couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dust isn't any more problematic than it is with anything else in your house.

Stacks of boxes don't get very dusty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to store my games vertically if possible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to scoff at the vertical box storers, but it does keep the boxes from dishing or warping. Plus, it adds to the whole 'game library' effect because it actually looks like a library I have a shelf from target that fits a standard game box (Five Tribes, Smallworld, etc size) like a glove. Dust isn't really an issue because they're all flush

(For the record, we have this shelf, except the 4-shelf version, which it looks like has been discontinued. It's very narrow but nice and deep so it is absolutely perfect for boardgames).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I now keep most of my games in a cabinet with glass doors and find that I don't have to dust them at all; just the cabinet itself.

(This may sound chi-chi, but it isn't; I got it at Ikea).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Arcology wrote:
I now keep most of my games in a cabinet with glass doors and find that I don't have to dust them at all; just the cabinet itself.

That's a nice cabinet with the glass door. How deep are the shelves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
I like to store my games vertically if possible

Watchmen? Maus? From Hell? Very nice!

Plus The Networks, Scythe, and Viticulture! It would seem you are a fan of Kickstarter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
As for drawers; I have never really tried. You need quite deep drawers to keep certain games? As for shelves. Some can be hidden behind doors, so they will be as hidden as in drawers. I have had my games in shelves all the time, and both openly and behind a door. I haven`t experienced too much dust problem. If the games are enough in use, they probably will not be left to collect too much dust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my experience that, in my house, games that are seen are games that are played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.