Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just played game did Sunprobe card which gives Logistics (pick FAB card) and * any chit or take Sunprobe and pick two FAB cards and keep one. Has I have completed this could take * as a Logistics and get two FAB card. Did not seem to be worthwhile picking sunprobe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had some trouble understanding your question/remark, but I think I have now and I agree. It rarely seems to be worthwhile to get the Disaster Vehicles rather than the instant reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, all the Disaster Vehicles are tough sells, but the Sun Probe is just ridiculously bad. The only time you'd even consider taking it rather than the tokens are if you don't actually have two Blue tokens left in the supply.

I'm hoping that in the Brains Notebook submissions that Modiphius has been soliciting and are planning to publish, someone has got a variant to make use of the Disaster Vehicles, because it'd be nice to have a use for the miniatures and some cards that aren't pointless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have just been writing some ideas for the disaster vehicles so that they are on board have not tested them but going to see what you think.

1. Disaster Vehicles (DV): place on board when disaster card put in play. If taken as reward player takes card and keeps DV on board he can move the DV once each turn for free, movement after 1st free or by other players cost one action.
2. Disaster Vehicles movement: Drilling Rig & Crablogger 1, USN Sentinel, Hellijet, Sidewinder, Roadbuilder 2, Space and Sunprobe 3 and Fireflash special.
3. Changes to card: cards now used are exhausted (turned 90 degrees) till controlling players turn when turned back upright. Can be used if exhausted but then discarded.
4. Spaceprobe, Hellijet, Roadbuilder and Sentinel if in area with a disaster their bonus can be used as per card for that disaster.
5. Sunprobe: when taken as a reward immediately pick two FAB cards keep one and exhaust. If in same area as Sunprobe a player can play a Logistic chit and pick two FAB cards and keep one if Sunprobe was exhausted discard if not exhaust. If not in Sunprobe area can play as per card then discard if not exhausted.
6. Crablogger: If player in same area as Crablogger may gain extra action. If exhausted gain extra action and discard. If not exhausted non controlling player may discard for two actions if in area with. Controlling player may discard as per card.
7. Zombite Fighters: if in a disaster area may swap that disaster with any other on track if a active player in area. Can be used as per card but then discarded.
8. Fireflash: If characters (player or non-player) in same area as fireflash may transfer any number of characters from that area to another area as long as they can be placed into Vehicles or bases. Fireflash is now transferred to new area. Can also be played as per card but then discarded. Controlling player can move Fireflash to his position for free once a turn.
9. Sidewinder: If player in a disaster area with Sidewinder can be used for one free rescue attempt, then exhaust. If exhausted can be used for free rescue then discarded. Can also be discarded as per card if not exhausted.
10. Drilling Rig: Player in Drilling Rig area may spend one action to bring T4 to that area and exhaust. Can also discard and use as per play card.
play as per card then discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd not noticed this. Is the reward the same in both versions of the disaster deck? That is a pretty objectively bad card if that's the case :/

EDIT: Yup, I checked, both versions of the disaster deck have the same reward.

The only other difference I can see is that the Sun Probe card could be kept to allow a different player to have the F.A.B. card, if for some reason you had a burning desire to make sure the card went to someone else - but as there's no hand limit and F.A.B. cards can be played out of turn, I see no benefit to doing this either :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Exactly my point only if all the Logistic chits were in play would you do this and if not I could take two logistics cards play them both as FAB cards.
Just tested my Disaster Vehicles variant seems to work okay will need some more tweeking but at least the models are on the board. I am trying to develop a flow chart for the Hood to be a non-player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaBall wrote:
I have just been writing some ideas for the disaster vehicles so that they are on board have not tested them but going to see what you think.

1. Disaster Vehicles (DV): place on board when disaster card put in play. If taken as reward player takes card and keeps DV on board he can move the DV once each turn for free, movement after 1st free or by other players cost one action.
2. Disaster Vehicles movement: Drilling Rig & Crablogger 1, USN Sentinel, Hellijet, Sidewinder, Roadbuilder 2, Space and Sunprobe 3 and Fireflash special.
3. Changes to card: cards now used are exhausted (turned 90 degrees) till controlling players turn when turned back upright. Can be used if exhausted but then discarded.
4. Spaceprobe, Hellijet, Roadbuilder and Sentinel if in area with a disaster their bonus can be used as per card for that disaster.
5. Sunprobe: when taken as a reward immediately pick two FAB cards keep one and exhaust. If in same area as Sunprobe a player can play a Logistic chit and pick two FAB cards and keep one if Sunprobe was exhausted discard if not exhaust. If not in Sunprobe area can play as per card then discard if not exhausted.
6. Crablogger: If player in same area as Crablogger may gain extra action. If exhausted gain extra action and discard. If not exhausted non controlling player may discard for two actions if in area with. Controlling player may discard as per card.
7. Zombite Fighters: if in a disaster area may swap that disaster with any other on track if a active player in area. Can be used as per card but then discarded.
8. Fireflash: If characters (player or non-player) in same area as fireflash may transfer any number of characters from that area to another area as long as they can be placed into Vehicles or bases. Fireflash is now transferred to new area. Can also be played as per card but then discarded. Controlling player can move Fireflash to his position for free once a turn.
9. Sidewinder: If player in a disaster area with Sidewinder can be used for one free rescue attempt, then exhaust. If exhausted can be used for free rescue then discarded. Can also be discarded as per card if not exhausted.
10. Drilling Rig: Player in Drilling Rig area may spend one action to bring T4 to that area and exhaust. Can also discard and use as per play card.
play as per card then discard.

Interesting idea. I'm not sure I'll get around to trying this soon, but I would just say (and please take this as constructive criticism) that you should try to use better punctation in your rule explanations. They are also a little hard to follow as they are written 'shorthand' - try expanding them a little bit more for clarity.

Good luck! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.