Subject: Necromancer Skull rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
So basically I wanted to make the Standard Necromancers a bit harder to kill and a bit more menacing, since they're pretty weak and boring right off the box, in my opinion.

So the idea is this: Necromancers carry with them a Skull. But this is no ordinary Skull, it has a powerful evil energy emanating from it. While a survivor is near this energy (same zone as the Necromancer)it makes a survivor's mind fuzzy and confused, creates mirages, etc. Hence concentrating on their attacks is difficult.

That translates to: While in a Zone with a Necromancer, only dice rolls of 6 count as hits.

Once a Necromancer is actually killed, he drops his Skull on the zone. The skull doesn't stop emanating the evil energy. So you place this card on the zone, the card can not be removed.

I love this because it means that Necromancers leave a permanent footprint on the board, and it just makes them more dangerous overall.

Let me know what you think!

You can print the image at 100% and it will be the exact size of a normal spawn/search card.

UPDATE:
I have made a less hardcore version of the Skull effect just in case the original proves to be too much. Will test them both properly and report back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
hapthorne wrote:
One of the best House rules I've seen on here - definitely nicking this one have a little gold arrrh

Haha, have no clue what u mean with the nicking gold part, but thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edsounddesign wrote:
hapthorne wrote:
One of the best House rules I've seen on here - definitely nicking this one have a little gold arrrh

Means he plans to steal (nick) your idea, and in return is giving you some GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to give the heroes a sporting chance, I might shatter the blue gem on this and say the necromantic energies don't pay attention to lowlies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Geoff wrote:
edsounddesign wrote:
hapthorne wrote:

Means he plans to steal (nick) your idea, and in return is giving you some GG.

Ah got it, thanks! (I still don't know what GG is, I assume its Geek Gold?, What's Geek Gold? haha )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
jbrecken wrote:
Just to give the heroes a sporting chance, I might shatter the blue gem on this and say the necromantic energies don't pay attention to lowlies.

You're welcome to try it out like that and see how it works for you. Share your thoughts if you do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Slightly less hardcore version of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Digging these!

And I agree, the harder one could be better for higher danger levels... Maybe even Orange+ ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.