Subject: Dedull Necromancers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a bit of a quirk with necromancers, I find them dull and the Sudden death rule loosing when a necromancers reaches another spawning zone is also meeh IMO.
So I started thinking, what do necromancers do? Rise zombies, of course. Hence the new spawn token. But then just walking along and looking for another spawn zone?

I was thinking along this:
Let them move like any other zombie, but not attack. But the new personal spawning zone moves with the necromancer. And goes away when he dies.
So he is more thematic IMO. He pursues the heroes and rises the dead where he goes.
Thus the movement is predictable, influenceable.
The threat level loss due to the loss of the sudden death rule is risen again by the approxing spawn zone. Hence the zs rise closer by the heroes.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handrejk
Germany
Scheeßel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!” ― Benjamin Franklin
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds funny and could work, i will try this next session. Maybe its very hard to kill the Necromancer if he takes the spawn with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
theonlymad wrote:
This sounds funny and could work, i will try this next session. Maybe its very hard to kill the Necromancer if he takes the spawn with him.

If it's too hard to kill him, remove the ranged protection maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Iato
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Necromancer's Spawn Zone follow him/her around, but he is still trying to escape. Here what works for me:

A Necromancer’s Spawn Zone follows it as it moves on the map and is destroyed when the Necromancer is destroyed; unless this House Rule is not compatible with the Quest.

Necromancers do not move toward visible Survivors unless no other Exit path is possible. A Necromancer never moves in a Zone where Survivors are present; instead, it either changes its Exit path or does nothing.

Dark Ritual: If multiple Necromancers coming from different Spawn Zones are within 0-1 of each other at the time of their activation, transform their personal Spawn Zones into Permanent Spawn Zones and the Necromancers escape.

You never lose due to the number of Permanent Spawn Zones on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just moving towards the heroes make them just like other zombies, so it's just more of the same. Escaping gives the heroes an additional and a unique problem to solve. In addition, there is a time limit involved due to the distance to an escape point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. P
Denmark
flag msg tools
This is what we've done for my sessions so far, works great. We also have an alternative for the dark ritual.

i've been working on a more RPG inspired rule overhaul for the game.
If any of you should be interested in access to the google doc, drop me a pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.