Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell D
United Kingdom
Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the ATTACKER in a simultaneous CC, my unit gets a Casualty Reduction result against two enemy MMCs. I roll RS to see which are affected.

The DEFENDER then rolls a natural 2, decides not to withdraw, and a leader is created. The presence of the leader doesn't change the result of my original DR, so the result of my attack is still a CR.

The question is, do I reroll the Random Selection to take account of the fact there are now 3 defending units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A11.22 infiltration indicates that results are momentarily suspended, but does not indicate such are re-rolled. Hence, the leader won't be part of yet another RS.

That's my interpretation. We'll see if anyone contends this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IIRC, the Field Promotion rules say you re-calculated as if the leader was present all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klasmalmstrom wrote:
IIRC, the Field Promotion rules say you re-calculated as if the leader was present all the time.

Yes, at least my eASLRB says the following:

A18.12 wrote:
Unless one or both sides Withdraw due to Infiltration (11.22), both attacks are re-figured using both of the originally-rolled Original DRs and the new leader's FP/Leadership just as if he had been there all along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelgabriel wrote:

The question is, do I reroll the Random Selection to take account of the fact there are now 3 defending units?

When I do normal CCs I take note of the results but only apply them at the end after both attack rolls have been made and the results of everything are known. I don't know if that is an unusual way of doing things but it would get rid of your problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell D
United Kingdom
Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
angelgabriel wrote:

When I do normal CCs I take note of the results but only apply them at the end after both attack rolls have been made and the results of everything are known. I don't know if that is an unusual way of doing things but it would get rid of your problem.

I think you need to roll the Random Selection before the DEFENDER's attack DR so that the DEFENDER can make his decision about whether to withdraw if he rolls a 2, as in my example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could do it immediately after the 1,1 is rolled and before the decision to Withdraw is taken. Would still work out smoother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
norev wrote:
klasmalmstrom wrote:

Yes, at least my eASLRB says the following:

A18.12 wrote:
Unless one or both sides Withdraw due to Infiltration (11.22), both attacks are re-figured using both of the originally-rolled Original DRs and the new leader's FP/Leadership just as if he had been there all along.

Yes, that's a good point. The correct rule is A18.12 here. So that last bit would mean that the original RS would be tossed out, and a new RS for three units be made.

Notice that there is a recalculation ONLY if one or more sides don't take advantage of withdrawal. Which covers the case mentioned by Russell, the defender, if they do stick around, -- well it looks like they need to reroll the RS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.