Leaving Earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Getting a free tech when i bought a part from other player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! According to page 28 of v4 rulebbook (Condensed Rules), Drawing Outcome if i have some part that requires advancement i am missing...

Other space agency decided to sell me their Vostok Capsule. I have no tech for it. On my turn i decided to do a maneuver with reentry danger. So as i understand i take reentry tech to my pool of techs (with 3 outcome cards on it) and i have this technology for free? The i test it of course. And what about life support? Mentioned Vostok does not require Life Support, but i should/have to test this system on capsule each year. Will i also get it for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Your answer is in this thread!

Basically: you only get free propulsion tech. You can buy the Vostok Capsule from another player but that doesn't grant you any free tech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Kangro
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But you can buy tech from other players as well, gaining the tech with as many advancements as they have on their advancement at that moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
San Jose?
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy a Vostok capsule from another player (and you don't have Reentry), you don't get any tech from it.

When that capsule is called on to provide life support, it will fail. When it is called on to enter atmosphere, it will burn up.

You can't draw a Success from a tech you don't have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.