Sjoerd Slagman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

The title says it all.
I am Dutch and have Dominion from the manufacturer 999-games and now i'm thinking of buying some expansions in German (Rio Grande).

But before I do, I want to make sure that the colors (especially the back side) match. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,
Sjoerd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK, they do. That is, the PLAN is that all language editions have the same back. Also, for at least a while, the 1 factory in Germany were printing all the cards for all languages.

That being said, even that one print shop has always had minor (?) variations so you could sometimes tell one of your expansions from another by looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
SjoerdS wrote:
I am Dutch and have Dominion from the manufacturer 999-games and now i'm thinking of buying some expansions in German (Rio Grande).

But before I do, I want to make sure that the colors (especially the back side) match. Does anyone know?

I believe they have the same printer (Altenburger). You could ask them to make sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Slagman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks guys. Yeah, i also mailed 999-games. Did not get a reply yet, but your replies convinced me to take the 'plunge'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Slagman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently they are not completely the same. There is a clear difference in teint. In my opinion it does not disturb the game to much though

Maybe the second edition will get rid of this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.