Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not received my copy yet, but hopefully soon! Sadly, some of the reviews/impressions have not given me much hope as I was hoping for a pretty strategic game.

Has anybody thought of anything that would increase strategy or decrease randomness? I know you normally get eight cards and then discard down to the hand size at the start of the game, but would drafting be any better (i.e. a snake draft: p1 -> p2 -> p3 -> p3 -> p2 -> p1 -> ...) where you would just deal out the correct number of cards to the table. Or even make "packs" of cards for everyone and do a more traditional draft.

Alternatively could there be some sort of market, where you could pay extra to pick up revealed cards or just draw for free normally? Maybe the market would automatically cycle on certain die rolls to make it fresh. Or maybe you could cycle the market by spending resources?

Like I said, I am going to be playing the normal game soon hopefully! But I am interested to see if anyone else had any ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cyrenne
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't played the game yet (mine is scheduled to arrive in a few days), but one idea I had is to separate the city cards into 3 piles for heroes, buildings and troops. I've read some comments from people who just couldn't draw any heroes for instance. Not having played, I'm not sure if this would lead to a mad rush to grab all of the heroes for instance, but if so then maybe limit each player to drawing 1 hero per turn or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cyrenne
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Some other possibilities I've thought of:
-Draw 10 resources on your turn, use up to 5 and pass the rest. The next players use up to 2 and pass.
- Be allowed to keep resources between turns - or maybe just 1 or 2
- Eliminate the Event Die
- Be allowed to exchange resources 2:1

These could be used in conjunction or individually. I also like the idea of face-up city cards with having to pay an extra resource or two to take them.

I'll probably end up trying the rules as written on my first play-through to see how it goes. I'm hoping the randomness isn't as big a factor as people are saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.