$5.00
$15.00
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I couldnt find the answer in the rulebook, so I wonder when you die in Scenario 2 or 3 and want to restart this specific scenario (already mentioned for scenario 1, 4 and 5, you start with full health), do you restart it with each character fully healed ?

Or should you keep the wounds they had at the beginning of this specific scenario ?

It is very important, because restarting the 3rd scenario with an already 6 wounded character (which is the case right now), could take a long time to win, even being almost unachievable...

Thanks for your thoughts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it!
badge
Enjoy... LIFE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jo
Soooo..... strictly thinking you should start with the life you have left after the doctor healed 6 wounds.
Of course, the unhealthier you start, the shorter might be the scenario, the risk of dying is definitely greater.

If it is too tough, adjust the strict rules and start with more health.
I don't want you to get frustrated.
Or - start all over again and focus on surviving the scenarios with more health

Also don't forget that you start scenario 5 with minus 4 health, even though fully healed before, because of general sickness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 2 is an extension of Scenario 1, so everything stays the same. If you are really bad off starting Scenario 2, you should probably just restart with Scenario 1.

However, in Scenario 3 there is a note at the top of page 12 that the ship's doctor heals each crew member six health points from what they were at the end of Scenario 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
Hi Jo
Soooo..... strictly thinking you should start with the life you have left after the doctor healed 6 wounds.
Of course, the unhealthier you start, the shorter might be the scenario, the risk of dying is definitely greater.

If it is too tough, adjust the strict rules and start with more health.
I don't want you to get frustrated.
Or - start all over again and focus on surviving the scenarios with more health

Also don't forget that you start scenario 5 with minus 4 health, even though fully healed before, because of general sickness.

Yep, just wanted to be sure about restarting scenario 3. But basically, after my first fail of scenario 3, it was not the wounds that make the loss, but rather the encounter tokens that kept me for several turn on same spaces
Also the Invention/Threat cards are a pain in the ass, getting activated each time a section is damaged !! Using an action to flip them back cost valuable resources that should be used to build other inventions or repairing the ship ! Let alone that it happened sometimes I flipped the threat card back to invention side, and it comes back to Danger during weather because bloody ship part was hit again (despite reroll token) !
Ill start my 2nd try with my 6 wounds but Boy AND Parrot this time and let you know

Kubigaruma wrote:
However, in Scenario 3 there is a note at the top of page 12 that the ship's doctor heals each crew member six health points from what they were at the end of Scenario 2.

Yes I was aware of that, but I wondered if by any chance you die in scenario 3, and wont be able to fulfill the full campaign in a row anyway, maybe you could restart scenario 3 fully healed.

But I assume Ignacy wouldn't want that

Thanks for your answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it!
badge
Enjoy... LIFE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - scenario 3 is a pain in the ass! (sorry Ignacy )

I really suggest yoou make it a bit easier until you have won a couple of times, there are a few threads about this, I think you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
Yes - scenario 3 is a pain in the ass! (sorry Ignacy )

I really suggest yoou make it a bit easier until you have won a couple of times, there are a few threads about this, I think you know.

I do
For now Ill start with 2 crewmen (and wounds from previous scenarios). Then maybe I leave only the remaining 2 possible encounter tokens to be placed (as on french rules, it reads "resolved encounter tokens are removed from the game") laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.