Museum» Forums » General

Subject: Release Date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Oates Kuhn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Any idea of a release date or kickstarter launch date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
At Gencon, I believe they said a Kickstarter is scheduled for March 2017.

BTW, the run through I had was impressive. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
rdsmith wrote:
At Gencon, I believe they said a Kickstarter is scheduled for January 2017.

BTW, the run through I had was impressive. thumbsup

Care to elaborate since there's no real details anywhere and you're the first to say you've played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
The BGG description and photos give an accurate description of the general gameplay.

Essentially a card game with a board separating artifacts (stacks of cards) into different parts of the world. Players are trying to maximize points through hand and tableau management, collecting and arranging their collection. Interaction among players is interesting in not only are you grabbing some artifacts they might want, but also managing your discards which become part of an available general pool.

The theme really sold this to me.
If you like Innovation, Deus, Elysium, etc., then Museum should be a winner for you too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Melison
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Normally, the KS campaign should be launched in March 2017 and the retail version of the game should be ready for Essen. Now it can be postponed a bit due to the amount of original illustrations (around 400) made by Vincent Dutrait and everything must be ready for the campaign to be ontime for the delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Melison
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Thanks Ray, for this really good resume of the game. This is exactly what eric (the co-author) and me intended to do. After more than 600 play tests, I can assure than every session is different, you don't have the same configuration and all the session are intense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Oates Kuhn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you for the updates everybody, this looks like it will be going on my "must back" list next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more info on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Oates Kuhn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Designer just commented on another post that they are hoping for a june release date on kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Players are trying to maximize points through hand and tableau management, collecting and arranging their collection.

On a side note the following question:
As I saw in a first review (in French, see below, I only looked at the images), Museum will include cards that give you special abilities to acquire more cards.
http://www.extralife.fr/news-jds/12574/museum-sa-place-est-d...

The question is: Is there a name for this mechanism?

I mean: You need to collect stuff, mostly cards, mostly for points. Some cards are just points, some give you abilities, some both.
Is this just engine-building? Is that just part of tableau building? Is that just "cards with special abilities regarding the mechanisms of the game in question"?

Now, this might sound stupid. Forgive me, I'm not really sure how to use board game terms respectively I don't always know what criteria make up for this or that mechanism.

The thing is: I like the theme of Museum and love Vincent's art, so I consider backing this. But I learned that said "mechanism" is not a favourite of mine.

So, maybe, the actual question is: Do I risk to not like this game?

I remember I refrained from purchasing Kanagawa or Legendary Inventors because they were too heavy on this mechanism. Games I own and don't (really? yet?) enjoy as much as I would like because of this are Rise of Augustus and Discoveries. Artifacts, Inc. is another example from the top of my mind.

Thanks for any answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Melison
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Dear Tim,
Many thanks for your question, but there is maybe a misunderstanding with the video. In Fact Museum is a family Game (like Quadropolis) and in our mechanic, each object is used only with 1 value, 1 civ and 1 domain. When set-up in your museum or in someone's else museum, the value of the object is scored on the score track and we only use the object to set-up a collection on Civ or Domain. We don't have any effect on each card as it could be in Elysium for example.
But you can use 1 Notoriety card during your turn to develop your Museum.
In the advanced version you can recruit Personalities such as acheologists or curtors... whihc can help you in getting more objects or increasing the value of one of your collection.

We are working on some runthrough videos which will give you a better idea of the mechanic of the game.

Hoping this is fine for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Olivier,

thx for your heads-up.

Maybe I got confused by the icons on the archeologist cards... Maybe I'm confused because I try to figure out what these games / these mechanisms are that I tried to talk about.

I'll ceck your Kickstarter, anyway, when it comes around.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Cush
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Olivier, is there any update you can give us regarding the release date on Kickstarter? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Melison
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Curtis,
To be honest, we have received half of the final illustrations from Vincent which is about 90 illustrations for the artefacts. The planning is to get all the final objects by end of June. Matthieu and Jamie are preparing some news with the artworks, which are absolutely gorgeous.they bring so much theme and historical backfround.
The basic game rules are finished and a new session of playtest should start in June.
The final prototype should be vailable at Gencon, we plan to have at least 3 Museum tables to test the game in its final version. The expansions and addons are nearly finished but need some playtest for balancing the game.
The KS should be launched in September after GenCon. But we want to be sure to deliver the game quite fast after the KS so that we want nearly everything ready before the launch. Nearly our production are done this way. We prefer to postpone a bit the campaign to control the production time.

The team is actually preparing our next KS campaign : Outlaws while we are working on Museum with Eric.We have changed quite a lot of tiny things in order to enhance the experiences in each game session.

We should bring some news very soon now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eikonteam wrote:

The basic game rules are finished and a new session of playtest should sta
We should bring some news very soon now.

Anything new to report?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.