Reluctant Enemies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beach assault Commando style rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Miller
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The rule states on die roll of 4-6,the commando units can't attempt a landing until the last action of the movement segment of the Exploitation phase turn 1.If as a result of a hex being enemy occupied, is the beach assault conducted during the combat segment of current phase or do you wait until turn 2 friendly combat phase? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Well you can conduct combat in Exploit phase so it would make sense to do it then. Otherwise you have all sorts of timing issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Baer
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Lee,

You say the landing was delayed until the Exploit Phase and the landing hex is occupied, then there will be a beach assault against that hex in the Combat Segment of the Exploit Phase.

CHB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I can understand the OP's confusion, because RE rule 2.2A reads as follows:

Quote:
If the hex of the landing attempt (after check for drift) is occupied by an enemy combat unit then resolve each such landing attempt as a beach assault in the following combat phase. Note that the Commando(s) attempting to land by beach assault are still offshore at the end of their movement phase waiting for their beach assault resolution during their combat phase.

So: "combat phase" means "Combat Phase" if the Commandos land in their Movement Phase, but "combat phase" means "Combat Segment" if they land in their Exploitation Phase--correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
Does your mother know your doing that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcology wrote:
I can understand the OP's confusion, because RE rule 2.2A reads as follows:

Quote:
If the hex of the landing attempt (after check for drift) is occupied by an enemy combat unit then resolve each such landing attempt as a beach assault in the following combat phase. Note that the Commando(s) attempting to land by beach assault are still offshore at the end of their movement phase waiting for their beach assault resolution during their combat phase.

So: "combat phase" means "Combat Phase" if the Commandos land in their Movement Phase, but "combat phase" means "Combat Segment" if they land in their Exploitation Phase--correct?

This might help.

Landing Hex is secretly designated

• 1st Player, Player Turn
Aircraft Refit Phase
Reinforcement Phase
Movement Phase
Breakout Segment
Movement Segment
Air/Naval Barrage Segment
(No Artillery Barrages)

* Roll 1d6 for Landing Attempt. On a 1-3 result, landing attempt performed immediately (NOW), if 4-6, attempts (rolls) will be delayed until the Exploitation Phase.
Landing procedure:
Check for Drift
If no enemy unit in hex adjacent, roll 2d6 for each Commando unit and reference the Amphibious Landing Table. If successful, move Commando onto the Landing hex. If there is an Enemy unit, then it will be resolved in the Combat Phase.

Supply Phase
Reaction Phase
(Non-Phasing Player)
Movement Segment
Barrage Segment
Combat Phase
Artillery Barrage Segment
(No Air or Naval Barrages)
Combat Segment

* Resolve Amphibious Assault Combat

Exploitation Phase
Movement Segment

* After all other units have moved, Delayed landing attempts are now made.

Barrage Segment
Combat Segment
Clean Up Phase

It is confusing, but luckily, its a one shot deal on the first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Miller
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks guys for taking the time out to help me with my question. The thoughtful discussion is greatly appreciated. That was my hunch, that all beach landings/assaults would take place on turn 1. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Baer
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Tankboy,

Yes, you have it exactly right. The Phases and the Segments, their order,and timing are critical.

Please forgive my sloppy wording of the commando rule.

CHB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.