Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Schuette
United States
Levittown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I've played a loaned copy of Power Grid from my library and loved it. Now Massdrop is offering a bundle with the deluxe, power grid cards expansion, robots, and Russia/japan. I just wanted to make sure this is compatible with the deluxe base game before getting the drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... To play standard map (as Russia/Japan) you need:
player markers (with de luxe)
money (with de luxe)
power station cards (with power grid cards expansion)
resources markers (with de luxe you can find a bit more coal (27), and less oil (20), no garbage (but you can use instead gas))

So with a bit invention you can play standard map too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deluxe has some differences in the resource distribution. You may have difficulties with the cards expansion and the Russia/Japan map. The BGG store used to sell a resource update pack to deal with this. I haven't look, but it may still be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Russia has changes specified to the normal Power Plant deck, if using the Power Grid Deluxe: Europe/North America deck you would have determine equivalent plants to change. There are variant rules available for the Power Grid: The New Power Plant Cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.