Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
As I dig into the game, AND play it mostly correct I was struck by the situation as it relates to my understanding of the overall progress in the war and how seemingly close the game was playing out.

Due to the impact of HQ levels and the level of the O/C the German advance is stalling early October. The Road to Leningrad has ground to a halt. Kursk and Vornonezh have fallen (Vor. tenuously). Guderian is at the river line some distance from Tula.

Soviet reinforcements still trickle in, but are diminished due to VP location losses, and the 'heart' level Leaders. Only Zukov is holding things together.

Both sides now face hard choices about when to recharge the OC/Leader or try one more push. The Soviet counter attacks to relieve surrounded units are still weak, the Germans are fragile and it is a very fucking tense time.

Thanks for the excellent design and the thought that has gone into this approachable and fun game, that does a nice job at historical high level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting on this one but have 1914: Germany at War and am similarly impressed with how much it captures with a small ruleset.

These are good designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude nice use of the "F" word!

The fouler the language the lower the education(or lack thereof)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.