Did a solo play through to try and wrap my head around this one. I'm more familiar with games where money is the winning condition, and I know this is a variation of GM&O - a game I have not played.
1) I'm assuming it costs $3.00 to place in your home city, correct?
2) If I buy presidents share and build in 5 cities and connect to no other color track, I get 6 points, correct? 1 VP per city, 1 VP for starting.
Correct in both cases.
1) Trying to figure out motivation to buy secondary share. Only the president can't expand that company, and during a dividend round, ALL shares get $4.00, so I would think I'm more motivated to simply buy a different president's share (assuming they're available).
1. Interest in having dividends paid.
2. Different color cubes being used in the two cases.
3. Different part of the map being used in the two cases.
4. You are not buying a secondary share or a president's share. You are putting it up for auction. Why are you assuming that you're going to win the auction?