$60.00
$20.00
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find this setup information about playing scenario 3 as random.
What ship locations repair level should be used when starting this scenario as random (easy, normal, hard) ?
Any clues ?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
mb
Must think about it, may take a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially I was thinking about something like this :
Easy - Every ship location repaired at max level
Normal - 3 (or maybe 4) random ship location repaired at max level, others at min level
Hard - Every ship location repaired at min level (or maybe 1 random at max)

But you're the most experienced when it comes to testing the game, so waiting for your thoughts

Really like this scenario, would be great to play it random
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
mb
Agreed with easy-mode.
Even with normal-mode.

Hard:
Even in my worst (hardest) games while playtesting, I always managed to repair quite a few of the ship compartments at max-level, 3 at least!

But why not establishig a VERY hard condition with only minimum repair level

Then there is the consideration of which locations should be repaired at which level?
Of course every ship-part is important, but while repairing, the immediate benefits of the reconstructed sections may influence the order of your repair - preferences....
(that is part of scenario 2 - can scenario 3 be set up randomly with this thoughts in mind?)

Not easy to jump into this scenario just randomly......

Argh .... did I make myself clear at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
Agreed with easy-mode.
Even with normal-mode.

Hard:
Even in my worst (hardest) games while playtesting, I always managed to repair quite a few of the ship compartments at max-level, 3 at least!

But why not establishig a VERY hard condition with only minimum repair level

Then there is the consideration of which locations should be repaired at which level?
Of course every ship-part is important, but while repairing, the immediate benefits of the reconstructed sections may influence the order of your repair - preferences....
(that is part of scenario 2 - can scenario 3 be set up randomly with this thoughts in mind?)

Not easy to jump into this scenario just randomly......

Argh .... did I make myself clear at all?

Yes I see what you mean !
So if you always managed to repair 3 max level on hardest game, maybe we should keep normal with 4 max repair.
For hard, should stick to 1 or 2 max repair then ?
Imo 2 sounds good, would give 6 max = easy, 4 max = normal, 2 max = hard. What do you think ?

About deciding which section are min or max repair, either put random, either we let player choose which is min or max, either we decide here what sections are max.
What part did you priorize in your games ?
Mine was Mast. Then I did the other repairs with the resources I got !
So maybe we could let player choose, but force the Mast to be 1 of the max repair ? What do you suggest ?

About rest of setup, I would stick to scenario 2 table :
Easy
0 wound per player, Morale at +1, 3 Wood in available resources, 2 rare beasts + 2 plants + 3 resources sets, weapon level 3 (as mentioned in rulebook)
Normal
1 wound per player, Morale at 0, 1 Wood in available resources, 3 rare beasts + 4 plants + 3 resources sets, weapon level 2 (as mentioned in rulebook)
Hard
2 wounds per player, Morale at -1, 0 Wood in available resources, 5 rare beasts + 5 plants + 3 resources sets, weapon level 1 (as mentioned in rulebook)

Again are you OK ?

Thanks for your help ! If you could make this scenario 3 setup "official" would be icing on the cake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
mb
Priority in repairs was always the mast, followed by forehold, rudder, mainhold and cannons.
Darwin's cabin was always last on my list.

Really difficult to decide if scenario 3 random setup should have pre-selected ship parts at max repair or if it should really be random!
Like rolling a die I think that's better.

I'm ok with the mast though, it seems to be the most desirable.

So everything else you suggest is also fine with me.

I cannot make it "official".
Ignacy alone designed this scenario, without Roberts or my input.
I playtested it A LOT though, and I know that because of my results Ignacy made some things tougher (sorry for that).

I think it doesn't matter, just do everything in a way which feels best for you.
You know - theme and intuition!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.