Subject: Safe Cracking Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
As far as I can see, this question hasn't been asked yet:

Let's say I've found the safe and revealed 5 of the 6 rooms for the combination, which consists of 1, 2, 3, and 5. So far, I've cracked 1, 2, and 3.

Another character subsequently reveals the 6th room, which has a combination value of 1. Does that room get a cracked token automatically or do I now have to roll a 1 another time in order to crack that room?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antanas
United Kingdom
Hertford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd need to roll it again. I remember it being clearly stated in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook says the following

Quote:
You don't need to know the entire combination before you start trying to crack the safe, but you place a cracked token only on tiles that are revealed when you roll.

So cracked tokens aren't applied retroactively. You would have to roll a 1 again to put a cracked token on the newly revealed room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
madewokherd wrote:
Rulebook says the following

Quote:
You don't need to know the entire combination before you start trying to crack the safe, but you place a cracked token only on tiles that are revealed when you roll.

So cracked tokens aren't applied retroactively. You would have to roll a 1 again to put a cracked token on the newly revealed room.

Funny, I checked the rulebook before posting the question and still missed that rule. Thank you for filling me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.