Subject: Record a Play without me in the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Arce
Argentina
Rosario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I couldn't find a thread that mention this, but I don't think i'm the first person to come across with this. Since last month I've been hosting a boardgame event once a week with three or four games being played at the same time. Obviously I only played one of them, but I want to record the data for all the others games too (players, lenght, winner, etc) just for the sake of remembering what was played and who played it and also putting a comment about if the game was well received or not. So when I do that on BGG automatically logs as a play of mine, even if I'm not added in the players. Is there a way I can log that played without counting me as a player? Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just count it as one of my plays. My plays logged then serves a double purpose: 1) to keep track of my own personal plays and 2) to keep track of the plays made of games that I own. So when I look at a game I own, I know that I'm not necessarily in every one of those games, but that game in my collection received the play.

I agree that it's not perfect, but that's the compromise I've settled on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people make geeklists for game nights; that way you can record any information about it that you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Arce
Argentina
Rosario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaj94 wrote:
I just count it as one of my plays. My plays logged then serves a double purpose: 1) to keep track of my own personal plays and 2) to keep track of the plays made of games that I own. So when I look at a game I own, I know that I'm not necessarily in every one of those games, but that game in my collection received the play.

I agree that it's not perfect, but that's the compromise I've settled on.

Yes, I will go with that I believe, and then for the 10/10 contest, or if I want to know my personal track of games I play I'll filter by my username as a player in the games logged. Thanks a lot for the comment.

indigopotter wrote:
Some people make geeklists for game nights; that way you can record any information about it that you want.

Yes, I was waiting to the end of the month of August and share the games played and the thoughts of each game as a Geeklist, but I love to see them as logged plays also, so I will go with the option that Andrew posted before. Thanks for the comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wear
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw that you can actually record a play of a game, but for the quantity of plays type in "0". It will show up in your history of plays, but won't add toward your total play count. See the "play" of Quantum today for an example here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bydate/user/jdw734/subtype/b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Arce
Argentina
Rosario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdw734 wrote:
I just saw that you can actually record a play of a game, but for the quantity of plays type in "0". It will show up in your history of plays, but won't add toward your total play count. See the "play" of Quantum today for an example here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bydate/user/jdw734/subtype/b...

Great, I've just edited every play to 0. Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frannob85 wrote:
Since last month I've been hosting a boardgame event once a week with three or four games being played at the same time. Obviously I only played one of them, but I want to record the data for all the others games too (players, lenght, winner, etc) just for the sake of remembering what was played and who played it and also putting a comment about if the game was well received or not.

Shhh... Quietly create another account to represent the Event Venue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.